EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

I am about to go to prison for non payment of tax unless I reply to an text message I've received today...

If I no longer appear on this site please send me a fruit cake with a hacksaw baked inside C/O Dartmoor Prison

Yours sincerely

Wasting away

• Funny 8

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

I am about to go to prison for non payment of tax unless I reply to an text message I've received today...

I had one of those, except that it was due to my National Insurance number being fraudulently used 'on the Northern border of Wales'. Presumably by a Mermaid. 

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/906487/lima_l205008_po05_class_26_diesel_26004_civil_engineers_dutch_livery_pre_owned_good_box/stockdetail

How is this £141?

I think Mr. Gostude may be working at Hatton's second hand department!

They have also got a Britannia with no tender for more than a complete Britannia.

Finger trouble?  Perhaps the Lima 26 was meant to be £41 and the lister wasn't looking, or they thought it was a Heljan.  You could always query them if you wanted one....

Earlier on they had a formerly red  "Polly" that was blodged all over in black for £14 and a R157 Diesel Railcar and Trailer (with good box!) for £37.  Reasonable prices compared with fleabag, but they've both gone now.

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

They do look nice and very decrotive too!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, sidmouth said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295043995042?hash=item44b1fe15a2:g:GuQAAOSwioVirFPV 

interesting one , yes it may cost more to make anew but if the part isn't usable value little more than scrap

From experience, I can state that Dai Woodham in the early 70s would have hefted in his left  hand, an appendage about the size of a shovel only harder, like the uberscrappy he was, stated it's weight in pounds, and said '£3.50' or something from behind the foul cloud of cigar smoke in his brakevan body office.  A lovely man, straight as a die, a true rough diamond, not to be messed with, a sight to behold driving around Barry in the roller in filthy overalls with the window down and a trail of smoke (from the cigar) that Cheech and Chong would have approved of, but always good for a cuppa in the brakevan on a cold day...

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Oo, a "bundle", it must be a bargain!

Meh, didn't like that band when I was ten either...

Back in young Vigor's Schooldays, a shout of "Bundle" would sound across the school playing field, and some unsuspecting victim would be pounced upon without warning - like a mass rugby tackle without the ball! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Behold - the definition of ebay madness - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165474547473

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Oo, a "bundle", it must be a bargain!

Meh, didn't like that band when I was ten either...

I wasn't that impressed by the "picture disk" concept, singles were for playing, not for looking at! And by the time Madness were about, my musical tastes weren't governed by TOTP.

Never mind, some nostalgic idiot will buy them!

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Hold me back, I’m finding it difficult to resist the “retro cool”-ness of….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284848772686?

What makes it better is that it’s just the chopped-off other end of this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284848771222?hash=item42524f5096:g:fsIAAOSwy8dioh6c

Quite remarkable.

Is retro cool (long) similar to covid (long)?

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Is retro cool (long) similar to covid (long)?

I think the question it raises is retro cool for what, exactly? Fit them into Hitachi 803s for that ‘60s look ? What else does one do with a sawn-in-half luggage rack from an old DMU? Hmmm, actually given the clientele of this website, just don’t go there.

• Funny 6

30 minutes ago, 40152 said:

I think the question it raises is retro cool for what, exactly? Fit them into Hitachi 803s for that ‘60s look ? What else does one do with a sawn-in-half luggage rack from an old DMU? Hmmm, actually given the clientele of this website, just don’t go there.

Haven't you been watching all those annoying upcycling programmes on TV?

You can repurpose it in your designer loft apartment (damp old factory with the bricks and pipework daringly exposed daaahlings....and nothing to do with cheaping out on plastering)

You can use it as a er, not very practical shelf (or block a gap in a hedge) Unlike when it was in a train and drunk students can try to use it as a hammock (I did...)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

You can repurpose it in your designer loft apartment (damp old factory with the bricks and pipework daringly exposed daaahlings....and nothing to do with cheaping out on plastering)

You can use it as a er, not very practical shelf (or block a gap in a hedge) Unlike when it was in a train and drunk students can try to use it as a hammock (I did...)

Ha ha absolutely not, but I’m sure Mrs ‘152 has, so no giving her any ideas 🙄

It was only luggage racks in Mk1 compartments that got used like that in my day, when we were trying to see how many we could squash in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

What beggars belief is the costs the artisans levy to impose their frankly crap vision on the various pieces the programme-makers pass on to them. Quickly followed by the prices paid for the ensuing upcycled tat.

They're just another TV programming waste of time I give a wide berth to!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DK123GWR said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134153164361?hash=item1f3c26d649%3Ag%3AwlAAAOSw7lRisu1i&LH_BIN=1

Perhaps this is a decimal point error, but even then it would be £42.95!

Note: "... all 4 of its tiny plastic lifeguards [are] in position" - à la Baywatch!?

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Funny 3