EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, ianmacc said:

I wouldn't mind a sniff of whatever he is on!

Mike.

• Funny 2

18 hours ago, ianmacc said:

That's an engineer's / machinist's toolbox, I could probably get £75 for that when renovated. Some of the locos would make interesting projects, but at £750, I think somebody has been drinking out of the toilet again - hint, it wasn't the dog!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2022 at 08:57, russell price said:

In fact I’ve just put a bid in on that princess as my old Lizzie needs it’s missing valve gear replacing. Might even gain an xo4 too, have no worries about dumping the body shell in the recycling bin.

If you don't win it drop me a PM and I might be able to help. I'm sure I have at least one maybe two that have been carefully stored ( chucked in the bottom of) a box of old tat. They MIGHT even have been runners when they were ' carefully' packed away 🤗 and they have no historical value or childhood memories attached for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

£50 for a damaged diecast bus!!!

OK I know the “Northern Scottish” Alexander coach is a rare beast but this one looks like it’s been attacked with a hacksaw and pliers.

Cheers

Darius

With the amount of damage around the drivers area (window pillar missing and glass all gone) you'd expect the steering wheel and seat to show more evidence of the impact. The driver wouldn't have come off lightly either....

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

£50 for a damaged diecast bus!!!

OK I know the “Northern Scottish” Alexander coach is a rare beast but this one looks like it’s been attacked with a hacksaw and pliers.

Cheers

Darius

Who on earth would pay £50 for that? It looks more like it's had a rough time in junior's toybox than "accident damaged" .

Junk.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Can't even spell Teesside even though it's all over the place.

4 hours ago, MarkC said:

In fairness, it's a common mistake - and it infuriates the Smoggies... 😜

Its excusable for non-natives, writing eess looks wrong, even though its justifiable.  Perhaps it should be Tees-Side for clarity?  :-)

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Its excusable for non-natives, writing eess looks wrong, even though its justifiable.  Perhaps it should be Tees-Side for clarity?  :-)

Ah, dumbing down again 🤣

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

I think I'm safe in saying that this is the first time in history that "clarity" and "Tees" (side or otherwise) has been used in the same sentence. An historic occasion, if wildly inaccurate 😛

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

55 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115452685502?hash=item1ae1842cbe:g:qNAAAOSw8BtisNRk

I know we are not supposed to cast aspersions on other people's modelling on this thread, as it can cause upset, but can anyone shed any light on what exactly I am looking at here? 

I think that's the roof of an, er.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I know we are not supposed to cast aspersions on other people's modelling on this thread, as it can cause upset, but can anyone shed any light on what exactly I am looking at here? 

It's a pre-built kit.  Simples!

Looks like it's made from the sort of corrugated craft card sold by the likes of Poundland.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hroth said:

It's a pre-built kit.  Simples!

Looks like it's made from the sort of corrugated craft card sold by the likes of Poundland.....

The item specifics say that it’s a Pola kit, including:

“Basic Scenery, Depot, Gantry Crane, Industrial Building, Signal”

A better picture would have helped.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

59 minutes ago, 40152 said:

The item specifics say that it’s a Pola kit, including:

“Basic Scenery, Depot, Gantry Crane, Industrial Building, Signal”

A better picture would have helped.

I totally agree - yours is a fair comment.

I suspect that he is a genuine seller who, in this case, has not done a particularly good job. I see that he listed this at 7.41pm last night - probably got distracted by dinner and rushed the listing - I know that I've done similar.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

In the listing its described as a 'station'?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Why is it naughty ? bad spelling ?

Scalper selling the new Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition for way more than it would  cost to actually join the club and purchase it yourself.

Just pure greed but some mug seems to have fallen for it...

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Apparently, a small section of tiled roof (European kit, something like Faller perhaps?) and the base of a large brick built chimney stack or tower, possibly indicating an industrial building or part of one.  Beyond that, I've no idea what you are looking at here, Paul, or why you should pay £10 for it!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1