EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, CHAZ D said:

What's going on under the cab as it looks like something is missing as well.

What tender should it be as it's tender drive?

• Like 1

Never mind that, it's a poorly repainted Evening Star, no front buffers, lining showing through, valve gear all over the place. Best you can hope is that it's a library picture......

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Only Evening Star had a  lined tender I think?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That 9F if you scroll down seems to be a bit of a Triggers Broom as the photos further down clearly are of two different locos (same number, same dodgy valve gear but different tenders) so I have no idea what the heck is going on there....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I know that we're not supposed to be critical of others efforts in case we offend the polar ice caps or something, but that is somewhat overpriced so I think I'm alright in saying that I suspect that if you looked at that creation for too long you're likely to go blind.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I know that we're not supposed to be critical of others efforts in case we offend the polar ice caps or something, but that is somewhat overpriced so I think I'm alright in saying that I suspect that if you looked at that creation for too long you're likely to go blind.....

With you on that. Tenner is over the top pricing. Also it looks like damaged rather than necessarily poor craftsmanship? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

So, elf & safety concerns??

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

With you on that. Tenner is over the top pricing. Also it looks like damaged rather than necessarily poor craftsmanship? 

I'm not so sure. Lots of glue marks, incorrect and missing windows, and it looks like it's been chiselled off a layout.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, John Besley said:

The body isn't seated properly onto the chassis.

Screenshot_20220709-091755_eBay.jpg.795b1776266b0872663424510f7bf256.jpg

The cab end isn't fully down.

There's a large plastic boss that should fit into a hole in the chassis block...🤷🏼‍♀️

Love the coupling rod! 😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Image added.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

35 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

The body isn't seated properly onto the chassis.

Screenshot_20220709-091755_eBay.jpg.795b1776266b0872663424510f7bf256.jpg

The cab end isn't fully down.

There's a large plastic boss that should fit into a hole in the chassis block...🤷🏼‍♀️

Love the coupling rod! 😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

The body has been levitated? Brings to mind the curious case of the hippies and the Pentagon:

"Not to be dissuaded, Abbie Hoffman vowed to levitate the Pentagon claiming he would attempt to use psychic energy to levitate the Pentagon until it would turn orange and begin to vibrate, at which time the war in Vietnam would end. Allen Ginsberg led Tibetan chants to assist Hoffman."

• Funny 3

Remember when Hornby released models of all six preserved A4s to mark Mallard's 75th anniversary? 

They were all part of a collection called the Great Goodbye, with the real event taking place at Locomotion in Shildon. I reckon they would have been sold at around the region of £200.

Well, I found someone selling this and he had all six of them.

Guess how much he was selling them for...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"Not to be dissuaded, Abbie Hoffman vowed to levitate the Pentagon claiming he would attempt to use psychic energy to levitate the Pentagon until it would turn orange and begin to vibrate, at which time the war in Vietnam would end. Allen Ginsberg led Tibetan chants to assist Hoffman."

Did it work?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Apparently some said it did. But they may have been smoking something other than good Welsh steam coal!

No proof that it didn’t; after all, the Vietnam war did eventually end…

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2