Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, bgman said:

Some very nice work there Jerry, especially at this scale.

One question, is this modelling possible on your knee due to it being 2mm or have you just got bigger knees than the rest of us ? :mocking_mini: 

G

After years of frustration with just the one, regulation size knee,  I discovered the secret is to use both knees with a tray balanced between them.

Im told I have good knees..........the rest is a bit of a disappointment mind.......:mosking:

Jerry

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Tonight's picture shows the smoke troughs under construction along with the sophisticated sofa set-up used - try saying that without your best teeth in! 

It also illustrates the bulk of the tools required - plasticard bodgery only calls for a modest kit.

jerry

20190219_225142.jpg.88b933856764b22980710fb7b3fced91.jpg

20190219_235554.jpg.74416fcbd4b988e3f77d916c49951765.jpg

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Gosh, I've never been trendy before. Will I need to start wearing a cravat?:)

Jerry

58 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

and you manage all that without any glue?

I can see I shall have to post a picture of the full sofa setup:D The solvent sits wedged in the corner of the travelling toolbox next to me. If it were on the board it would very quickly end up on my lap!!

Jerry

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Square said:

That's nice. Presumably it's hollow inside with support struts for the water?

It is but with an 'egg box' style set of braces inside to help stop things warping.

1787306723_BathGreenWaterTankcrosssupports.jpg.6379039a77604092da06e79938bc4529.jpg

This is the modified version currently printing. The 'water' unfortunately caused a distortion at the top of the tank and so I have removed it as I'm more than sure Jerry can add some plastic to it later. 

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Atso said:

As part of Jerry's and my bartering/horse-trading arrangement, I've been working on the water tank for Bath. Jerry kindly sent me some detailed drawings for a standard Midland panel and other information which included his sketches of the tank to be modelled. Last night I put on the first test print and here are the results.

208927501_3DPrintedWaterTank.jpg.8cdd667b55795987645944c05d16eeb0.jpg

There are a couple of minor issues that I'd like to address and reprint this before it goes out to Jerry. However, I'm pretty pleased with it as a first attempt and, following all Jerry's help and advice, it is nice to be able to contribute to the layout in a small way.

The tank looks fantastic Steve. Scratchbuilding or even etching those fielded panels surrounded by all those rivets would have been a nightmare, and very difficult to get the sort of consistency needed.  It's jobs like this where 3D printing really comes into its own and I'm extremely grateful for your help with this. The tank base is almost ready.

20190221_200105.jpg.bac8a265c17c44fcde203189ab7924d4.jpg

5 hours ago, CF MRC said:

Some microscope slide glass could do a good job representing the water.  What will the internal dimensions be?

Tim

Tim, the individual panels are 4'x3' so the overall tank will be around 16'x20' - 32mm x40mm

jerry

• Like 11

Thanks Jerry,

The tank comes out at 33mm by 41mm (and 18mm high) slightly bigger than your estimate of 32mm by 40mm but this is due to the flanges, and the corner piece that join the four sides together - if this is an issue, I could scale the tank down slightly in the width and length without too much trouble. The internal dimensions for the 'water' are 30.9mm by 38.8mm - I was hoping to make the sides thinner but this caused problems with holes forming in the print when I tried.

Edited by Atso

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Atso said:

Thanks Jerry,

The tank comes out at 33mm by 41mm (and 18mm high) slightly bigger than your estimate of 32mm by 40mm but this is due to the flanges, and the corner piece that join the four sides together - if this is an issue, I could scale the tank down slightly in the width and length without too much trouble. The internal dimensions for the 'water' are 30.9mm by 38.8mm - I was hoping to make the sides thinner but this caused problems with holes forming in the print when I tried.

No, those dimensions are perfect Steve. I made allowance on the base for the flanges etc  - forethought on my part - not usually one of my strong points:huh:

Looking forward to putting the two together.

Jerry

• Like 2

10 hours ago, queensquare said:

It lights my fire Jim! :D

jerry

So does that mean you're making them to go on the woodburner ?

W.Astedtalent 

• Funny 1