Bath Queen Square

queensquare

Hi Andy, it is booked but not for a few years yet!! As for the roundhouse, well that's a card mock up of St Blazey - I'm doing the buildings on a little John Greenwood project but don't tell anyone!!

Righto. Mum's the word.

Is Wadebridge not keeping John busy enough then?

I presume he will populate his 'little' BZ project with something along the lines of CMR Sharp Stewarts rather than class 37s... or maybe he's signed up for a job lot of the new Dapol class 22s?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Righto. Mum's the word.

Is Wadebridge not keeping John busy enough then?

I presume he will populate his 'little' BZ project with something along the lines of CMR Sharp Stewarts rather than class 37s... or maybe he's signed up for a job lot of the new Dapol class 22s?

BZ actually sits in the middle of Johns fiddle yard. Its likely to be populated with mainly Southern locos off the North Cornwall but I dare say I may well sneak a few visitors in!

Jerry 

Jerry,

Now I know why you have been so quiet over the last weeks! Looks very good but you could always save a bit of time and effort by using Peco track (waiting for the explosion . . .).

John

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Jerry,

Now I know why you have been so quiet over the last weeks! Looks very good but you could always save a bit of time and effort by using Peco track (waiting for the explosion . . .).

John

Hi John,

there are times looking at all those points to be made that Peco becomes very appealing!!

Jerry

Edited by queensquare

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Many thanks for posting these Paul. This is pretty much how the station looked when I first knew it in the mid 70's - about to fall down!

Interesting to note that it hadn't seen a coat of paint for twenty years. Thankfully, its now in excellent nick although never to see a train again.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Stunning Jerry, a really lovely piece of work both in the etch and the build.

Thanks Andy, Missy Julia must take much of the credit for the superb artwork and etching - I just joined it all up with some bar, wire and etch waste.

Jerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jerry,

Brilliant!! Hope that they don't get filled-up with paint.

John

PS can you make a couple of dozen for Totnes signal posts?

Cheers John, I almost commented how I was thankful I didn't model the GWR !

Jerry

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful stuff Jerry. I presume the gods were smiling on you when making the finials what's the secret :angel: ( actually I think the more you do the better you get and your work rate is very high!)

Btw nice to see you flying the 2mm flag at Taunton.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful stuff Jerry. I presume the gods were smiling on you when making the finials what's the secret :angel: ( actually I think the more you do the better you get and your work rate is very high!)

Btw nice to see you flying the 2mm flag at Taunton.

Don

Thanks Don, I think I got lucky!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Jerry,

I recall a recent conversation between us where you said something to the effect "... with 7mm scale, it's all the detail you have to model....."   Hmmm,  open finial balls in 2mm FS, now THAT is detail!

How far down the line to Midford are you modelling?  If you are going down that far, some of the signals are LSWR lattice post, with open pierced finials!!   :ok:

Like this  :imsohappy::

HI Paul,

I know, I wouldn't normally bother with that level of detail but the porte cochere has been my Monday night project at the MMRC for the last few weeks and the hollow balls are a result of all the 4mm and 7mm boys taking the p###!!

I am toying with the idea of putting Midford on the other side of the room - Tucking Mill viaduct (the one that features on the backscene of my NSLR terminus) is already there and there is room for a compressed version of Midford but we shall see. I was going to connect Highbury there (see earlier posts) but have now decided that Bath will definitely be DCC but I will keep the North Somerset Light stuff analogue - it allows me to keep a foot in both camps.

Jerry

Edited by queensquare

I've been busy earning a living and working in the garden now that spring has finally arrived so limited progress on the Bath project. I have, however, done a bit more on the Porte Cochere, including hollow finials on the end posts. I was just going to fudge these and use beads but I get so much (good humoured) stick from fellow members of the Mendip MRC who all model in big scales that I fabricated the balls from bits of five amp fuse wire just to wind them up. To be honest I never thought I'd keep them free of solder but sometimes things just work :boast:

Hi Jerry,

Wow amazing, the Port Cochere is looking superb. A stunning piece of 2mm modelling. Well done Jerry "Hollow Balls" Clifford!  :dancer:   :good:  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just found these whilst looking for something else. They were taken at the Corsham show a couple of years ago and show my boxes and their counterparts on the Taunton groups fabulous model of Bath.

post-1074-0-93630800-1368806300.jpg

post-1074-0-73592400-1368806320.jpg

Jerry

• Like 13

• 1 month later...