Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Sithlord75 said:

North Somerset Light Railway shed judging by the significant number of locos in that livery...

To my great shame two of the locos in NSLR livery are plain, unlined black…..

Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 5

P2100220.JPG.11b03d82831a68396d794cfd026e5779.JPG

This was my interpretation of the interior of this shed for a friend.  In this case laser etched in MDF and card in 7mm scale, and only room for seven bays.  The framing of the shed varied along its length because it was built in stages and had been subject to ad-hoc repairs.  Truly a cathedral of steam!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Back from a sweltering but very enjoyable weekend at Wells, was great to be back after three years.

Lots of wonderful things to see including much of interest for the 2mm modeller. The attached video gives a good overview, Bath shed is at 17.08, Modbury at 18.42 and Pit Hill at 20.35. Enjoy.

Jerry

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning Jerry. 

Modbury and Arun Quay were my two favourites. Both were simply stunning not only in their presentation and operation but the layouts themselves simply looked 'right'. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Steve Smith said:

P2100220.JPG.11b03d82831a68396d794cfd026e5779.JPG

This was my interpretation of the interior of this shed for a friend.  In this case laser etched in MDF and card in 7mm scale, and only room for seven bays.  The framing of the shed varied along its length because it was built in stages and had been subject to ad-hoc repairs.  Truly a cathedral of steam!

That looks lovely. I don't know what Jerry has planned for his shed interior but in my mind I am imagining those laser cut components re-scaled to 2mm!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Re6/6 said:

T'was good to chat yesterday Jerry and see the superb engine shed.

20220814_144623.jpg.b658a52eb835361928d115fcee8f2cfb.jpg

The lovely Modbury.20220814_144451.jpg.678760090286b368947883440fd716fb.jpg

Thanks John, was good to see you. I was opposite Modbury and on the rare occasions there was nobody in the way had the perfect view of trains rolling across the scene. Beautiful stock, the steam railmotor in particular is a joy to behold.

1 hour ago, t-b-g said:

That looks lovely. I don't know what Jerry has planned for his shed interior but in my mind I am imagining those laser cut components re-scaled to 2mm!

Steve has very kindly sent me the drawings he used which I will be passing on to a friend who has kindly volunteered to laser cut some of the components for me. I shan't be going to the same level of detail Steve has in 7mm but I would like to put some simplified framing in  where it's visible

Jerry

• Like 8

5 hours ago, queensquare said:

Back from a sweltering but very enjoyable weekend at Wells, was great to be back after three years.

Lots of wonderful things to see including much of interest for the 2mm modeller. The attached video gives a good overview, Bath shed is at 17.08, Modbury at 18.42 and Pit Hill at 20.35. Enjoy.

Jerry

Great stuff!  Liked the working Stevens drop-flap ground signal @ 27:00!

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think it is nothing to do with the size of the bench  or how small the models. It is really down to the nature of the user some people seem to be able to keep a workbench tidy. I am not one of those.  

Don

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Donw said:

I think it is nothing to do with the size of the bench  or how small the models. It is really down to the nature of the user some people seem to be able to keep a workbench tidy. I am not one of those.  

Don

Sadly nor am I Don, though I shall be doing my level best......

Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Sadly nor am I Don, though I shall be doing my level best......

Jerry

The quality and number of the models you produce shows it is not the tidyness of the bench that matters. It is what you can do on it. 

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Donw said:

Tidy bench, tidy... what's the word I'm looking for?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

That's a nice looking pillar-drill Jerry, what make is it? 

I'm looking for a decent pillar-drill, there seem to be umpteen variations on the el-cheapo type, are they any good?

Dave.

PS  Sorry this is not the thread to ask such questions on....

• Like 1