Photo Call! 2mm Layouts Out and About at Exhibitions

Pixie

Mark,

The arch is in two pieces, folded in the middle. The track bed is roughly 4 imperial English feet above the floor (depending on where I set the adjustable feet) The underside of the arch is about 2 feet above that, A little less I think ( can't measure it now. Cos it is all packed away)

I guess that we should have made accurate drawings all based on 'the golden ratio' to get all the dims to perfection! But anyhow it looks ok to me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Saturday 26 April 2014 Epson and Ewell MRC exhibition

I put these in the exhibition thread but thought it would be good to record here too...good to meet with you again Andy (apologies to John...next time I will first read name tags!) and see the layout again which has changed significantly since the 2010 jubilee show.

Good to catch up albeit briefly with Rich B too - sorry I didn't return but I had to get back as I was taking the kids to watch Fulham :)

post-3290-0-23289500-1398593003.jpg

post-3290-0-04635400-1398593034.jpg

post-3290-0-16742100-1398593051.jpg

• Like 14

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A bizarre question I know, and a bit of a thread drift, but I'm curious..

...what is the low sportscar trundling down the road towards St Ruth town centre? I collect 2mm/N gauge cars and I'm always keen to pick up oddities.. it looks like a GT40?

So gutted I missed the supermeet; all day in the heat taking down a garden shed followed by an appointment with an estate agent at 1500, tantalisingly just a few streets away in  Kidderminster. So near yet so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone have any photos to post of Lighterman's Yard - the kent and essex group's visiting layout?

I only took one photo, and not a particularly good one at that! 

post-8055-0-00551700-1405809417_thumb.jpg

First time I've seen the layout, and I was really impressed.

Andy

• Like 3

Thanks for the photo.

The layout basically follows Iain Rice's concept for Cannonsgate Goods in his Wild Swan book. Visual progress has slowed while all my original wiring was ripped out to convert to DCC but hopefully there should be some momentum now. Sadly I am no longer able to get to the area group meetings which is why I was keen to see a photo update.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew - I've just dug out the book containing Iain's plan for Cannonsgate Goods and I can definitely see the similarities.

Mick has included one photo of Lighterman's Yard in his Supermeet 'retrospective' which features in the next 2mm Magazine. 

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting - some lovely shots of terrific layouts - one year I hope to be able to get to a 2mm bash...

i.e. before the 60th celebrations :D

shame you where unable to attend 

was a good day  and the helped fire me up to get some  modelling done

• RMweb Gold

The quality of running is superb. I can remember when you would be hard put to find that quality in bigger scales. Jerry does seem to have a touch of magic. And such terrific scenery too.

Don

• Like 1