New OO gauge Class 73

• RMweb Gold

Mike

Tell me,  what is wrong with a file, some filler and a spot of paint ... your gonna ruin it by EMing it anyways :).

Mike

You know as well as I do that I eschew pathetic little things like files, a 1" wood chisel is the weapon of choice, nor do I do "some filler" or "spots of paint", it's industrial quantities or nowt. I couldn't do that to one of Daves masterpieces :sungum:

Even if it is only EM, at least it will be running successfully on a layout before 95% of the better P4 modellers versions :senile:

Mike.

• Like 2

Just to add my " two pennorth",

So glad this is being done and done the way it is with input invited from all and sundry. It can only result in a better end product. More power to your elbow.

One thing that makes a big difference to me and, I know, a lot of other people, is your statement that there is room for a decent sized speaker. I know that sound isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's a growing market. I know that my models without sound hardly get run at all and I came to the conclusion long ago that sound is pretty much a waste of time with the standard 23mm round speaker or with the arrangement that Hornby and Bachmann have with some of their factory fitted sound locos. Consequently, the provision of space for a decent sized speaker is almost a deal breaker for me. As it is, I shall be buying 4 or 5 instead of 1 or 2.

Thanks again,

PS. Any idea of a delivery time for the turbots.

When will you be doing the 74?

• RMweb Premium

I came to the conclusion long ago that sound is pretty much a waste of time with the standard 23mm round speaker

Sound with a standard 23mm round can be good if it's installed properly.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

Sound with a standard 23mm round can be good if it's installed properly.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

Yes it can but, in my experience, if you can install a bigger speaker and/or a bigger enclosure properly, it will always be better!

Edited by ChrisB
  • Like 1

Only if it's a 'JA'; the 'JB's were delivered in Blue - 'Electric' Blue with grey stripe per the 'JA's for the early few, the rest in Rail Blue with SYE.

Not 'electric' blue, rail blue, thought we'd been through this already. Electric blue is a very different shade.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest oldlugger

For those waiting for this model, I've heard that it's not due until the end of this year.

Simon

Guest oldlugger

Hi Simon,

source please?

Sorry mate but unless its come from me or the CEO I'd discount it totally.

As with the Western it will be ready when its ready and we certainly havnt said anything about a release date.

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave,

It came from your own Dapol Facebook site, "Ask Dapol Dave"! I was told yesterday by someone from Dapol. Here's the link:-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dapol-Ltd/214563285228094?fref=ts

Regards

Simon

Edited by oldlugger

Guest oldlugger

Hello Dave,

Sorry, it's beyond me then. The page looks official enough, as I'm sure everyone will agree. The release date of the model is neither here nor there for me personally (I'm building my own class 73 in P4); I was just adding the( erroneous) info for others.

Regards

Simon

Edited by oldlugger