WESTERN LIVERIES 1961 - 1977

Rugd1022

1 hour ago, Chris M said:

I’m one loco short of a full set of liveries! This thread has provided very useful information. Maybe I’ll get the yellow buffer beam version in the new year.

453FAE83-9B3E-4332-8632-7BA88D0E214C.jpeg

Nice work on the Mount Pleasant Inn, very nice.  Recognisable to me Chris.

Now when I were a lad, there used to be a pill box with a marvellous view of the Exe Estuary, just below the chalets at Oak Cliff.  Used to scramble down to it while my parents walked down the road to the Warren.

Are you going to model the station footbridge ?  (The metal lattice one removed in the mid to late 70s - not the red brick and cast iron one which still links the car park to the sea wall walk up to the Langstone Rock).  No holiday at the Warren was complete until Dawlish Warren railway museum, and model railway had been visited( in the old up side station building).

Loved Dawlish back then.  In the summer, sitting at the Beach Hotel, (letting rooms, nowhere near as grand as it sounded)  there would sometimes be a down train creeping round under cautions from the Warren, to Dawlish outer Home, and a train pulling out, down to the west.  Lots of freight too, including the Milks, always a personal favourite.

Good modelling sir.

Happy Christmas 

Matt W

Edited by D826
Wrong pub fading memory !
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, D826 said:

Nice work on the Mount Pleasant Inn, very nice.  Recognisable to me Chris.

Now when I were a lad, there used to be a pill box with a marvellous view of the Exe Estuary, just below the chalets at Oak Cliff.  Used to scramble down to it while my parents walked down the road to the Warren.

Are you going to model the station footbridge ?  (The metal lattice one removed in the mid to late 70s - not the red brick and cast iron one which still links the car park to the sea wall walk up to the Langstone Rock).  No holiday at the Warren was complete until Dawlish Warren railway museum, and model railway had been visited( in the old up side station building).

Loved Dawlish back then.  In the summer, sitting at the Beach Hotel, (letting rooms, nowhere near as grand as it sounded)  there would sometimes be a down train creeping round under cautions from the Warren, to Dawlish outer Home, and a train pulling out, down to the west.  Lots of freight too, including the Milks, always a personal favourite.

Good modelling sir.

Happy Christmas 

Matt W

See post above. There is more to do yet but it’s well on the way. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...