SW1500 1118 DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Olddudders

Its ok they have not been nicked,some bright spark had hid them at the back of the shed

#7 got the hood and 645 (567 really) on the flat car

post-13979-0-41698200-1337873785_thumb.jpg

it's a pity no does a model of a 645 engine,could do with a couple

Drivers life is back to normal,the same practical joker had swaped SW1500 while he was on his tea break

Ian

Did think about a sound chip with just sounds of wheels turning but thats going a bit to far!! :O :o

Ray

lovely idea....

it's a real pity Athearn, et al, don't operate the same sort of system that could be found with EMD, etc?

ie, part-exchange, using the old trucks, motors, and other stuff, to get a new loco at a nicely discounted price....?

PS, better still, a use for all those redundant F7's and 9's? Send them to Athearn as apart exchange, get CF7's back return of post?

Don't tell me, it's going to be rebuilt as a genset! Awesome modelling.

Nick

Dear Nick, Ray,

I too vote for the genset conversion! Start by placing a pair of LifeLike "Power generators" (CAT diesels on sleds http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/LIF-1659.jpg ) on the 1500's deck,

then later on add a basic styrene hood a la a Railpower GK10B or similar...

http://www.trainweb.org/greengoats/rssx/356.html

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

PS It's just me, I know, but I much prefer the Railpower gensets over the NRE units...

Will have to keep my eye's open for some of those lifelike power generators i can feel another loco coming on, could do with a couple more 567 as well.

These all take time,don't think i'll have one done for TVNAM, but you never know!!!

Gensets a bit modern for me with HELM set in the 80/90's

Won't get much done this weekend beening dragged to a local beer festival,things yo've gota do!!!! :no: :no:

Ray

Dear Ray,

"...These all take time..."

Um, you coulda fooled me... :superman: :derisive:

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

PS sidenote, the thickness of the exposed hood section calls attention to itself as being significantly thicker than "sheet steel". Thinning the shell plastic is one option,

laminating on some kitchen aluminium foil is another, or adding small-section styrene I/C/U channel to emulate the hood framwork/skeleton is a 3rd...

(have used aluminium foil to provide HO scale-thickness "boiler plate" for an exploded vertical boiler previously... worked a treat...)

• 2 weeks later...

Ray

There's a few more switchers in Albina Yard, Portland OR for you to cut up!

Ian

Dear Ian,

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't do it.... :-(

Seriously, those SW1500s (and what looks like an MP15AC at the LH end of the consist?) are likely the same SW1500s which were keeping service to the Blue Herron mill in Oregon City alive. (see recent threads).

I _thought_ they has already been moved to the UP-subsidiary CRANDIC, do we know when this pic was taken?

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Archived