Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fictitious liveries - models, not Photoshopped!

JDW

On 22/02/2022 at 11:20, DudeTheNinja said:

I'd say it counts. It's not a prototypical livery, after all.

I have something similar that I got from the Kent and East Sussex as a kid. Seems that Dapol do them as commissioned models, and a couple of preserved railways are among the list of clients they've worked with before (in OO).

Yes, I've ordered a couple of sets of wagons (H.W.Snow of Wallingford and 'Wallingford 150') wagons from them in the past for the C&WR.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Philip Jackson said:

Strange how the RTC livery seems to suite almost anything. just like loadhaul

I've seen it on a model of a Class 24 by Bachmann. 

Coincidentally, the very loco that the model is of, 97201 formally 24061, is actually preserved in BR green livery as D5061 on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have been trialling some of those cheap-ish Chinese wagons off of Ebay, this being an N scale example.  They come in various proper liveries or base colours.  This one came in grey with red ends, very Railfreight!!  So...

20220315_183003.jpg.e563e93c5aafac336b92e590b9e51d9c.jpg

They do an OO/HO scale one as well in the same colours.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I have been trialling some of those cheap-ish Chinese wagons off of Ebay, this being an N scale example.  They come in various proper liveries or base colours.  This one came in grey with red ends, very Railfreight!!  So...

20220315_183003.jpg.e563e93c5aafac336b92e590b9e51d9c.jpg

They do an OO/HO scale one as well in the same colours.

Link please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

• 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to share this for a couple of weeks but RMWeb has been dead so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I painted up a Hornby Jinty (1980's-era tooling I think) in BR Rail Blue for the hell of it. A sort of "what if BR had kept some steam locos as shunters", hence there's no full TOPS number as it's just departmental stock. I am extremely happy with how this came out. 🙂

jinty_done1.jpg.ada06d7d55a8b3004a9374b04b0bfd6d.jpgjinty_done3.jpg.cabfa9e166125447c504ebee6aa390ea.jpgjinty_done2.jpg.be1c06dea1a465b1e8c58555f2ad4cce.jpg

The blue is Citadel Macragge Blue, yellow is Citadel Phalanx Yellow, and the black stripes are just some cheapish Mars Black acrylic. Transfers are from Fox, and my first attempt with them.

• Like 18

No doubt Hornby will launch their own take on Rail blue steam locos having seen this. 

Someone is selling a collection of Blue liveried steam locos on eBay at present, I saw a Taff Vale 0-6-2 and a 14XX listed, They look very nice guess it's from a deceased modeller.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DCB said:

No doubt Hornby will launch their own take on Rail blue steam locos having seen this. 

Someone is selling a collection of Blue liveried steam locos on eBay at present, I saw a Taff Vale 0-6-2 and a 14XX listed, They look very nice guess it's from a deceased modeller.  

Thanks for the feedback! If Hornby does see this and consider that, that'd be surprising considering this was my third attempt at painting actual usable rolling stock (and first time on a non-kit loco), so I guess I'm learning pretty quickly! (And if any big brands do make Rail Blue steam locos as a result of my work, mind sending me some of the money? 😂)

I think I once saw a Rail Blue (with large logo) Caley on eBay a few months ago. Was quite neatly done, though sadly either it got sold or hasn't been relisted so I can't find any pictures of it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, eldomtom2 said:

Use masking tape - you can get it from most shops that sell modelling equipment, and it's essential for neatness.

It's just a rough visual experiment . The shade of chocolate is wrong as it looks more like The Northern Belle !

Waiting for someone to do one in Inter City .... !

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1