Eastley Works.4mm scale

LBSC123

• 1 month later...

Well I've been off the fourm for some time and unfortunatly progress on the railway has been slow tracklaying has been started but as of yet hasn't been finished, I'll get some pics up in due course.

Cheers

WIll

Unfortunatly due to a blunder during track laying I have no longer got room for the point going too the running shed, I am unsure what to do, any advice greatfully appriciated.

Cheers,

Will

• RMweb Gold

Hi Will,

I reckon a photo of the overall view of the layout as it stands at the moment with the track you have put down may help us to suggest an alternative so we can see how much space you have? Best thing to do is not to cram everything in, even if it means making a compromise - I have certainly found this out the hard way!

All the best,

Jam

Would using a small Y point, with a slightly tighter curve beyond the point, away from the traverser, make a difference?

Done a quick sketch with xtrackcad, the top is how you currently have it, the bottom is using a Y point.

I've used a radius 3 curve on the left, and 5 inches between the two branches off the point (it looks like you need a lot less).

As you can see, using that spacing, with the top one it doesn't fit (with the point part round the curve, as per your picture, but with the small Y on the end of the curve, there is room for gentle-ish reverse curves from the point to the sidings. I've used half a radius 2 on the point to keep the curve round, and the purple bits are flexitrack, but you may find that as you change the spacing you can also ease the curves somewhat.

If you need less than 5 inches, you might even find that the longer Y point gives you sufficient curve?

eastley.jpg

Cheers for the replies,

I've got some good food for thought now, however I may leave the running shed out completely as I think it may look over crowded, what do you think?

cheers,

will

just been playing with the track and comparing it with the plan, I've been trying to put the point in the wrong place!

heres a shot of the latest idea, i think it works much better:

gallery_1783_846_188949.jpg

what do you think?

Cheers,

Will

I have got the rest of the track on the lefthand side of the traverser connected up, unfortunatly I have now ran out of peco track however I do have some C&L remaining. I am unsure if I should use this on the other side of the Traverser, what do you think?

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

Cheers,

Will

Cheers Jam,

For the building I was going to attemt a scratch build based loosly on the real buildings at Eastliegh.

The size of the base boards are both 4x2 but one has been trimmed down to fit within the 2010 area limit , I think that makes sesnse?

Thanks,

Will

Archived