Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

I believe it is an Orion kit,  it belongs to Rob.  He has a fantastic collection and once St Stephen’s Is done we will be getting some full sets out to photograph 

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 2

On 03/06/2022 at 13:19, steve fay said:

782F0BF8-9168-4951-8A2A-75F1FFC0FA1E.jpeg

CECF888E-CA13-4086-A64E-A9B29C4B226E.jpeg

I like the Bedford on the Lowmac, very akin to what I'm compiling with MOD train(s).

Can I ask who's kit the Bedford is please - I'm compiling a range of vehicles RTR and kits and things are a bit thin on the ground.

I'm lucky in some ways as my railhead also serves RMCS so older vehicles often end up there as historic teaching aids ;-)

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

I like the Bedford on the Lowmac, very akin to what I'm compiling with MOD train(s).

Can I ask who's kit the Bedford is please - I'm compiling a range of vehicles RTR and kits and things are a bit thin on the ground.

I'm lucky in some ways as my railhead also serves RMCS so older vehicles often end up there as historic teaching aids ;-)

Have a look at the IXO range. Plenty of 1:43 trucks there including Bedford TK and various Scania and Volvo 1970's/80's cabs.  There are some shots on Black Notley doted aropuond the place.

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

There are quite a few military models but they tend to be 1/48 (type "1/43 v 1/48" into Google images and there are two Jeeps side by side showing the difference). I've seen a Bedford of the type and body above in one of those ranges although it might not be the same one obviously.

Straying well off topic but just in case the god of 1/43 model lorries is browsing Steve's marvellous work, an Ergomatic cab please! 

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 07/06/2022 at 15:59, pwr said:

Have a look at the IXO range. Plenty of 1:43 trucks there including Bedford TK and various Scania and Volvo 1970's/80's cabs.  There are some shots on Black Notley doted aropuond the place.

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I have a couple of IXO items, but they're pretty hard to find in the UK?

On 07/06/2022 at 20:16, Hal Nail said:

There are quite a few military models but they tend to be 1/48 (type "1/43 v 1/48" into Google images and there are two Jeeps side by side showing the difference). I've seen a Bedford of the type and body above in one of those ranges although it might not be the same one obviously.

Straying well off topic but just in case the god of 1/43 model lorries is browsing Steve's marvellous work, an Ergomatic cab please! 

I have some resin and IMP kits in 1:48 and some 1:43 models too - all a bit of a fudge, but if one is strategic it's okay.

Oxford Diecast et al have been slow to meet aspects of demand re 1:43 vehicles, I even pointed such out with the intro of 7mm Warwells etc. How long ago was that?!

Re an Ergomatic cab? Yes please a Leyland Lynx would be great, spent many a happy hour in one of those!

Back on topic - apologies to Stephen.

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

A little spot of weathering today,  first up my dads large Prairie,  how do you want it? mucky he said! 
Then it was the turn of 5099 just back from Paul Moore, the chassis was previously weathered as was the whole loco professionally and I wanted to keep the dirt on the chassis as it was such a nice job.  So it was just a little blending in today.

76F362FE-A740-465A-BFB1-899B43236E4D.png

D521C376-7A34-423E-BDDF-EBDA24B9BAC0.png

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

17 hours ago, steve fay said:

First half of the fascia on Westbourne Bridge today 

03F66764-15CD-46DE-9107-43EA913CB6A2.jpeg

Absolutely love this one Steve -superb modelling all round. The beautifully done lettering on the backscene took me back to some nice conversations with my maternal Grandad during the period I worked at Old Oak, whenever I used to visit him he'd always ask ''how's my old Great Western then...?'' In his younger days he travelled regularly out of Padd in Great Western and early BR / WR days 😉.

Couldn't resist a b&w version of your excellent photo....

2096811879_MODSTEVEFAYWESTBOURNEBRIDGEA2.jpeg.dcb8155d611e411b0573ea8cd20e0288.thumb.jpeg.219907b0ec1a2f1552fe14d411939b9f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1