Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

And 20144 captured earlier arriving from the north!

0569F22F-F4C6-45E0-A6D4-8724D156268D.jpeg

It would help the illusion if the signals (assuming they are meant to be at 'clear') were set in the upper quadrant that they were designed to move in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4069 said:

It would help the illusion if the signals (assuming they are meant to be at 'clear') were set in the upper quadrant that they were designed to move in.

The pictures and references that I have seen, seem to indicate GCR and many others were lower quadrant.  Maybe they altered by the time the 20s and 47s moved in, although I haven't seen any information to lead to that conclusion.

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

The pictures and references that I have seen, seem to indicate GCR and many others were lower quadrant.  Maybe they altered by the time the 20s and 47s moved in, although I haven't seen any information to lead to that conclusion.

Of course they were, and had been altered by the 60s. My point is that those are nice models of upper-quadrant signals which, for whatever reason, are shown drooping well below the horizontal in a situation where a train is passing, giving the impression that something is seriously wrong.

Edited by 4069
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, 4069 said:

Of course they were, and had been altered by the 60s. My point is that those are nice models of upper-quadrant signals which, for whatever reason, are shown drooping well below the horizontal in a situation where a train is passing, giving the impression that something is seriously wrong.

Well, thank you for the information, although "Of course they were" may not be correct for the vast majority of the population.  Perhaps if you had made those two points in your original post the matter might have more informative to those whose studies had not yet included them.  Thank you again, I am the wiser for your reply.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 4069 said:

Agreed but as the layout is still under renovation 

unfortunately the signals are all disconnected and unless they were glued/bluetacked all remain in or near to the ‘on’ position  (I did put in the blurb that it was awaiting the route so that it’s assumed the loco is stationary in this shot at least :angel:). 

Edited by 43110andyb
To add topic link
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

On 12/02/2022 at 12:57, Metr0Land said:

Not sure if this fits here but wasn't sure where else to put it.  One thing that's always grated with the Bachmann Class 24 is the clunky cabside handrails.  I know some people have issues with other aspects of the model's fidelity but for its time I thought it was a good model.  Anyway I took the plunge recently and had a go at making the handrails more realistic.  Loco is yet to be weathered.

rev Class 24 original handrails.jpg

rev Class 24 replacement handrails.jpg

That makes all the difference. Looks great.

I did the same with my Heljan 47s and an old Bachmann 25

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...