Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Widnes Vine Yard

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Thanks for the reply about the underlay, just one more thing, what points have been used on the layout, just the scenic bit im talking about, are they peco large radius? I wasnt sure because some look as if they may be medium radius ones.

James

Hi James, the points are Peco (mostly) large radius, modified to remove most of the mechanism,

hth

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I shall be there....!!! Probably on the Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you and the Widnes crew again.

Bob.

Snetterton or Butterley ? :lol: (Touring cars this weekend, brum, brum...)

Hi Guys,

Really enjoyed my day at the Railex exbn, Butterly today.......particularly so my couple of hours helping to operate Widnes Vine Yard...thanks to you all, Tim, Dave, Mike, Pat and Pete. Completely made my day.!!!

Bob.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

why did u use wooden sleeper for a modern layout, any particular reason?

thanks

phil

Not all the modern railway is concrete, and their are no (PECO) concrete points available. I don't think the concrete code 75 was available at the time of building

hth

• 2 months later...

Hi Beast

Many thanks, had looked at this before, I wondered about tne track lengths and distances and what turnouts were used, I had a look at the site to see which show Widnes would be at next, do you possibly know please. Then I'll be able to come and see for myself, save all my annoying questions.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Willy..

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just found this photo of Widnes back in the days when it was intending to be a model of Widnes No.1 and it's surroundings, I thought I'd post it to show how our history rewrite (a term familiar to some) brought us a completely different layout !

post-6662-0-56270300-1357985081_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived