A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

If you mean one of these then yes, apart from it appears to have gained additional end vents:

rps20210928_204839.jpg.cf804cdaed3d4e7b6ae6a517ad76ae2c.jpg

And plywood ends, well the end we can see. I bet it was some departmental van which was modified for some reason, hence surviving long enough to be saved on a persevered line.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And plywood ends, well the end we can see. I bet it was some departmental van which was modified for some reason, hence surviving long enough to be saved on a persevered line.

Explained here:

Simon

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

You forget that I inhabit a parallel universe where the ex Southern lines west of Exeter never had their buildings daubed with light and dark stone paint and that traffic levels on the lines kept them in good usage much longer than other people's reality.

That said I wouldn't normally run a Q1 on a Withered Arm line, although the following were spotted on Treneglos over the years: Merchant Navy, Mallard, Flying Scotsman, King Arthur, Leader, Class 50, Class 37 and Thomas. 

No Fell?

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Announcing major system malfunction. I am currently away from home and admitted to hospital with major heart failure involving mitral valve and atrial fibrillation.  The consequences of this mean that I am not feeling my scintillating best and appear to be set for a long stay in an attempt to provide a fix for feeling the less than special way I feel now. I am receiving excellent treatment from my local NHS once I gained admission by kicking in the front door ( A&E) .  I am keeping in touch and will continue to do so as long as I possibly can.  Best regards to ANTB friends 

Ian 

Best wishes pal. Please keep us updated. Really hate to ask but at a suitable time for you, could you let us know what the symptoms were please. Me being of a certain age need any info on such nasties.....just in case.

See you back here soon.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear that Ian and I hope the fix can be progressed rapidly and wholly satisfactorily.   In the meanwhile don't forget that the nurses are there to look after you and attend to all your whims and requests. (See if you can manage to get them to give you an ice-cream at 01.00 like I did the last time I was in hospital ;) .)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Best wishes pal. Please keep us updated. Really hate to ask but at a suitable time for you, could you let us know what the symptoms were please. Me being of a certain age need any info on such nasties.....just in case.

See you back here soon.

Phil

Here you go, https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mitral-valve-problems/

Get well soon Ian.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Best wishes for a quick recovery Ian.

All the best from your friends on ANTB Ian, we look forward to more tales of horsehair filled seats in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Here’s a teaser posted by the hand of God.

BF7DFC46-A725-4626-8D76-A80F32B41B90.jpeg.8c09b8596a361f98a8ed3e2c2d7e9c06.jpeg

If you rub its underbelly will it turn a nice green colour ? 

• Funny 4