A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

As bathtubs go, it seems to be the wrong way up Rob.

If you don't behave I'll put your beloved Maunsell's behind it.:P

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A sneak preview of the stead for the weekend's shoot [Royal Duchy] . Relief all round as it was happy with the curves on the down line:dance_mini:

DSCN8285.JPG.7737745f5eb4968b9f01e904f114fdea.JPG

Such a shame that they didnt get it into traffic that bit earlier with a G crest W on the side where that BR crest is.  Does look a rather nice model

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

I'm sure you could easily sort that out, I do have some tar of that would help. 

I've got a nice can of Satin Black Smoothrite with reserved for Rob's 18000 on it:devil:

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Such a shame that they didnt get it into traffic that bit earlier with a G crest W on the side where that BR crest is.  Does look a rather nice model

Would be interesting to see that done. I guess the number would need to be 8000. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
On 01/10/2021 at 14:21, Ian Hargrave said:

Announcing major system malfunction. I am currently away from home and admitted to hospital with major heart failure involving mitral valve and atrial fibrillation.  The consequences of this mean that I am not feeling my scintillating best and appear to be set for a long stay in an attempt to provide a fix for feeling the less than special way I feel now. I am receiving excellent treatment from my local NHS once I gained admission by kicking in the front door ( A&E) .  I am keeping in touch and will continue to do so as long as I possibly can.  Best regards to ANTB friends 

Ian 

HI Ian sorry to hear about your extended pit stop get well soon Buddie.

Bob (81c) 

yes folks I'm still about now indulging in 009 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

How's she handling your curves sir?  Lots of moaning on Faceache (it's main purpose) about derailing on trainset curves and some driveshaft (?) failures.

Don't need to go there, lots of moaning in the relevant thread here on RMweb about it's troubles on curves for some.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Don't need to go there, lots of moaning in the relevant thread here on RMweb about it's troubles on curves for some.

The poorly laid track never ever seems to be the problem... :lol:

• Agree 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mdvle said:

My two pennies suggests that Rail's should have made more of the need for generous curves from the outset but would that have hindered sales I wonder. Mine runs superbly over all of the layout, haulage is great too and is probably the best gas turbine I've ever owned.

DSCN8291.JPG.8da3a8bf555710213efbb10f1d09136a.JPGDSCN8292.JPG.14956049556cc90a6811ba5ce2f6d3a8.JPGDSCN8293.JPG.a14397a4ae8eeb0f4d92a7e0fd2ec233.JPGDSCN8294.JPG.2e97ac36c727fa666a5bf8ea3b2e2e74.JPGDSCN8295.JPG.a5cee83304cb92547fcc3e3f4ec52a47.JPG

• Like 14
  • Funny 1