A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Something else that might gladden his new heart is both the @Jenny Emily video and my local model shops examples of the Dapol prairie.

1165414580_dapolprairie13384.jpg.efc321d01da9abfa88cf298af8736e85.jpg

TBH,I found this a curious choice by Dapol . That is going to need some considerable weathering.You in for this version Robin ?  I’d love to see what TBG can make of it.Despite misgivings over it performance through pointwork it still seems to be drawing the punters in.Online images show that the model certainly has a presence.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Page 65 of the Irwell Press Prairie Papers No.1 might give you a clue to my thinking.:read:

Unfortunately I don't possess said tome otherwise I could comment in a better fashion.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Uranus, I believe there is a special line up of the Moon and 3 Planets around this time. Another bloody 'gathering' eh? Damn Universe, no bloody Social Distancing and a Party with no atmosphere (ker-boom tish).

A.N. Orbit.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

4 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I hear it did venture down to KIngsbridge one dark night in 1957.

Yeah true, it was driven by an ex-SAS crew on a mission to get some decent coal ! :lol:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 06/12/2021 at 14:16, NHY 581 said:

Possibly not next year ( though of course it probably will be)  for the Dapol Manors. My local trainset emporium has, last week, been advised of their impending arrival. 

Rob. 

Ahem,

Further information from my 'source' suggests that this was an error by way of over exuberant  invoicing...............

R

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Bet you boys want one of these for your Branch services.image.png.9faf211df23669197270a1f760446d7f.png

I hear it did venture down to KIngsbridge one dark night in 1957.

I was originally considering buying one because I had a trip behind it and then cabbed it at the. Cross.  however lack of models for sale plus what I saw on tv the other night with the flangeless rear end wheels going all over the place in mid air finally put me right off it.

• Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

what I saw on tv the other night with the flangeless rear end wheels going all over the place in mid air finally put me right off it.

Didn't notice a thing...honest Guv ! 

(Not the best advertisement for it ).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Changing the smokebox door to a plain version is simple too, even for me , as a spare is available as part number 115052 which is common to their mogul.

https://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/43xx-mogul-oo-smokebox-door/

I’ll be interested to view the finished product after it’s been “customised “ . Paint finish and lining look good but the tank side lettering jars. Glad you got a good‘un.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Maybe so and I'd be interested in the sales figures although it's the perfect option to model 4133 as shewn in the Prairie Papers. I appear to have a good 'un @Ian Hargrave ;) It ran through my live frog point work fine.

DSCN8418.JPG.d185b346531786fac685692bff920636.JPG

That looks so so wrong, but in a strange way I rather like it...

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Question: in this period did the prototype carry stencilled shed allocation GWR style e.g PPL. RD for Pontypool Road at the side of the forward running plate. Also loco number painted on the buffer beam as per still GWR.? Would this black rendition have been so adorned ?  

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Question: in this period did the prototype carry stencilled shed allocation GWR style e.g PPL. RD for Pontypool Road at the side of the forward running plate. Also loco number painted on the buffer beam as per still GWR.? Would this black rendition have been so adorned ?  

I've seen a plain green 41xx in the British Railways livery that did have buffer beam numbers but I'm sure the black ones never had them. The model doesn't have them , yet. Not all of them got lining either and there's a list on this site, of which 5190 is on it.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1948.html

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

I’ll be interested to view the finished product after it’s been “customised “ . Paint finish and lining look good but the tank side lettering jars. Glad you got a good‘un.

BR Blue and wasp stripes...

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 9