A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

The cover alone is brilliant as are its contents.  Two big engines in great condition along with the usual lineside paraphernalia long gone from today's railways.  Excellent series!

Brian. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 02/04/2022 at 13:27, gwrrob said:

I had no ill effects except for excessive drool from it. Interesting that in the list of destinations included he hasn't done Brent.

DSCN8061bw.jpg.f1efc5cd200167da1fedeab279b5713c.jpg

That’s ‘cos Kernow don’t want the first production run to sell out too quickly.  If they did announce a version with Brent or Kingsbridge destination then no one else would be able to get a railmotor.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I've been wondering ,like those on other threads ,what to do about the missing photos. I agree with @KNP in waiting a few weeks to see how it pans out. I have most of my stock in folders and if anyone wants something again I can always reload them for you as requests, even SR stuff.

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I've been wondering ,like those on other threads ,what to do about the missing photos. I agree with @KNP in waiting a few weeks to see how it pans out. I have most of my stock in folders and if anyone wants something again I can always reload them for you as requests, even SR stuff.

I have just done all of mine on Henley-on-Thames - Its taken 4 days for the period Jan 2021 through to March 2022. Its a marathon task!

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

I have just done all of mine on Henley-on-Thames - Its taken 4 days for the period Jan 2021 through to March 2022. Its a marathon task!

I've just done mine on Exhill 5 pages took an afternoon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/04/2022 at 10:44, TrevorP1 said:

Hi John. no problem. 42 images from Cornwall, including 4 Newquay, 3 St Agnes, 3 Perranporth, 3 St Ives, 4 Lelant, 5 Penzance, 3 Hayle, 4 Falmouth, 1 Penryn, 4 Fowey, 4 Looe, 4 Saltash. Ranging late 1940's to 1961.

Having now received this book as a present I can wholly recommend it. Apparently there's a Devon version also coming of the [Cornwall] book I linked earlier.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Having now received this book as a present I can wholly recommend it. Apparently there's a Devon version also coming of the [Cornwall] book I linked earlier.

Devon is my 'other woman' (I'd looked at basing my layout on Whiteball or Dainton but couldn't make either of them fit in a sensible way) so that's one to look out for.

Edited by TrevorP1
gobbledegook
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1