Phoenix Precision Paints

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hi there - website is being updated i believe - but you can download a free catalogue and order by phone.

I did last wednesday and the paint arrived by friday - great service.

Ben

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting a warning from the antivirus from the site

What specifically did it warn about? It's coming up fine for me (using Kaspersky antivirus).

• RMweb Gold

I too am getting a warning - Dr. Web security systems.

I suspect the new web site and its authentication certificate do not match - not an unknown problem.

It's using http, not https, so there is no SSL certificate. Maybe Mcafee is flagging that fact, in association with it being listed as an "online shopping".

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The new Phoenix Precision Paints website is now "live".

I can access in my pc and a iPad, but not on my Android tablet, although that may be peculiar to my own Samsung.

https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/

No problem on my Samsung android tablet. Except that the Churchward loco kits don't appear to be available yet.

There seems to nothing on there apart from paint.

Hi Peter,

the Carrs stuff is on there but the kits section does seem rather empty.

I spoke with Chris Stapleton at Railex and, IIRC, he said the 7mm DMR kits are available. Perhaps it is just that they haven't got around to adding them yet.

Jol

• RMweb Premium

I spoke with Chris Stapleton at Railex and, IIRC, he said the 7mm DMR kits are available. Perhaps it is just that they haven't got around to adding them yet.

Jol

I recall talking to Mike Russell (aka DMR, prior to selling it on the Pheonix) at the Peterborough BRM exhibition some years ago - he'd designed a Beyer Garrett kit; all (all?) that remained was to write the instructions.  It would be great if this kit saw the light of day, but I've a feeling it never will :(

Brian

I recall talking to Mike Russell (aka DMR, prior to selling it on the Pheonix) at the Peterborough BRM exhibition some years ago - he'd designed a Beyer Garrett kit; all (all?) that remained was to write the instructions.  It would be great if this kit saw the light of day, but I've a feeling it never will :(

Brian

Brian

I guess that'll depend on how far he got with it.

While I can see PPP getting the kits the took over back into production eventually, I don't feel it's likely they will complete unfinished projects or add anything new. 

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Cautionary tale: I recently ordered some liquids from Precision and opted to use the "cheaper" courier service that they offer - £5 instead of £7 or so. Now, Precision clearly say on the website that they accept no responsibility for this courier, and won't reimburse customers for any loss, so I was forewarned. Anyway, I went ahead and placed the order on a Saturday and was informed it had been dispatched on the Monday. I heard nothing more until Saturday morning when the post man rang my doorbell to tell me that a parcel addressed to me had been sitting outside a house with the same number as mine but a few streets away; it had been there for a few days apparently. So not only had the couriers not delivered it to the right address, they'd left it out in the street in full view of passersby. I've emailed Precision to tell them but, needless to say, not received a reply. 

My reason for posting here is firstly to warn people off using this service (the clue is in the name: Low Cost Couriers), but also to ask if anyone knows whether Precision have a leg to stand on: isn't the law of the land that the seller is responsible for goods until they're delivered - even if companies often try to persuade customers otherwise? 

Edited by Daddyman
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Section 28 of the  Consumer Rights Act 2015 (ignoring issues concerning public auctions) relates to the delivery of goods and applies to any sales contract.

"Unless the trader and the consumer have agreed otherwise, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods to the consumer"

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/28/enacted

Edited by Butler Henderson

One of the downsides of online ordering is the question of reliable delivery and significant extra cost. We have consistently had items delivered by couriers to a similar nearby address about 200 yards away. The best was notified by email as delivered and signed for, when it had been left outside the backdoor of the occasionally inhabited second home.

• RMweb Premium

With the cheapo courier? Should be with you by now - PP are actually good at quick dispatch. I'd go around all the local streets and visit houses with the same number as yours if I were you! But if your house is called Dunroaming I don't fancy your chances.... 

Did you actually get it in the end?

If so I would just put it down as a bad experience and not use that courier as an option again. I would also politely tell Phoenix (preferably not by email) as I'm pretty sure they would want to know that the courier they are using is unreliable.

If you are after Phoenix Paints and not wanting to use Phoenix due to the courier issue, Peters Spares sell most of the range.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, but PS only sell small tins and charge £7.99 delivery. 

I got the delivery, yes - fortunately the occupier hadn't noticed the package on their doorstep for 3 or 4 days, nor had any light-fingered passerby. 

At least you got it. It wouldn't have survived five minutes by mine.

I remember when we were getting replacement windows. I told the bloke half a dozen times to lock his van. "It'll be alright I never lock it". Half an hour later his van was gone along with thousands of pounds worth of windows, doors and tools. I would have liked to have seen him explain that to his boss and the police. :lol:

Jason

• Like 1