Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Thanks to all that have posted the pics and videos...I sadly missed the double header due to unforeseen circumstances and to make matters worse my computer crashed big time....

Past 48 hours have felt like 48 days...

It's great to be back here on this thread...

Sorry you've felt below par of late Jim, seems you are over the worst now....

Keep the blogs and pics coming.....

Regards

D421

• RMweb Gold

As 847 worked the logs just last week, day before 302 started i think?

yeah, it was me who failed it hence why 302 is on it now

after the late running i got into chirk 20 mins late thanks to some superb regulating by warrington, chester and wrexham boxes

• Like 2

A spot of good luck kept you on greens through Chester last night...1J70 12 late into Chester and dropping a unit off. Just about allowed a good margin over the single line. Wish I could have heard you going up Gresford bank!

I live at the top of the hill between Rossett and Llay about a mile from the railway and I heard the double header going up there the other evening even though all my windows were shut! Lovely!

Cheers

JF

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did wonder if you were on john!

I was watching the live train times from chester on my phone before before i left warrington and could see it was late coming in from the coast so hoped i would get over the single line, i was more surprised that wrexham let me go to chirk.

We have new radios at chirk now which are the same as the ones in carlisle so i dont have to stop or slow at the ground frame to pick it up as there is one in the cab at all times, i can sail past and stop in the station then set back when told, doing that cN save a good 3 or 4 mins

• RMweb Premium

66846 & 849 top and tailing a NetworkRail working this morning at Peterborough. Heading towards Whitemoor it seems. Nothing on Realtimetrains to confirm what the working was though as far as I can see.

• RMweb Gold

66846 & 849 top and tailing a NetworkRail working this morning at Peterborough. Heading towards Whitemoor it seems. Nothing on Realtimetrains to confirm what the working was though as far as I can see.

Lincoln - Whitemoor.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/B26266/2013/05/30/advanced

yeah, it was me who failed it hence why 302 is on it now

after the late running i got into chirk 20 mins late thanks to some superb regulating by warrington, chester and wrexham boxes

Ok, 850 or 847?

Anyway, on the up-side you got a grid back on logs!! :)

• RMweb Gold

i got off at warrington today!

a few pics from the last few days, you may notice a bit of a change in my photo's, mainly going to be things i see around and about that i can get a shot of on my break, while traveling in to work etc

unfortunatly as happened with fastline, drs and to some extent chiltern someone has seen the thread and other users completly innocent comments such as "playing to the crowd", "thrash" etc and i have landed me in trouble, seems that i cant wave at anyone without the "smile police" jumping on me and if i open the throttle more than notch 2 to get 1300 ton of train moving i am showboating so i can't win!!

you may also notice previous picture threads have been edited down and a few pics here and there removed just incase there is anything in there that shouldn't be in the public domain, i'm 99% sure there isn't but better to be safe than sorry!

chirk

DSCF3799-2.jpg

a very dirty 66720 in crewe this morning

DSCF3807.jpg

end of journey for me at warrington

DSCF3813.jpg

DSCF3815.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 7

Jim

Sorry to hear that there are some people out there making things a 'tad' difficult for you. Those of us that follow this thread with a genuine interest all appreciate whatever information you feel is right to publish here and are greatly appreciative of your willingness to share your day to day experiences with those of us who can only watch from the sidelines.

Thank You.

• Like 1

What a sad state of play the modern railways have become that drivers get into trouble for waving etc.....

Seems the little green eyed monster has been up to tricks again......

My apologies Jim for my enthusiastic wording on a previous posting....

Keep up the good work...

Regards

D421

Edited by D421

• RMweb Gold

No probs swifty and d421...

Swifty Can you see now why i hate the words "thrash" "hellfire" and "tonezzzzzzz" on youtube videos?

May be purely innocent but can be taken the wrong way

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear you've had a spot of bother Jim but good to see the pics will keep coming.  And yes folk really do need to think who might be reading what goes on here, or indeed anywhere on the 'net, because peoples' livelihoods are usually involved somewhere in the picture.

I was told there are some 'strange' people at Colas by some ex employees who had run ins with them. Watch your back mate!

Nice to see a pic of 158821 which was my first derailment I was involved in.

Edited by Fireman Sam
  • Like 1