Wycrail '13 - High Wycombe - 2nd November

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

That was the one I was refering to. However, people moaning that nothing works or finding missing rivets are a perenial model railway discussion.

Anyway, taking photos of prominent exhibitors doing something odd is always funny. :sarcastichand:

Especially those who are in the habit of going round taking pictures of other folk at exhibitions ;)

Hi,

Well, I've got to say that the 4 hour trip up from Fareham to help out at Wycrail was certainly worth it! This years show was the best that I've had the pleasure of helping out with and a massive thank you & well done to those on the exhibition team and the members of the High Wycombe club that had provided such a great exhibition. In between playing trains in Halland, Stewarding and Car Parking, I managed to capture a few photos, I'm sorry about the quality of some of them and for not being able to get a photo of all of them:

The scene just after the doors opened:

post-7271-0-91392300-1383587540.jpg

Bradfield Gloucester Square:

post-7271-0-75246900-1383587567.jpg

Cromer:

post-7271-0-13010100-1383587606.jpg

Midchester City:

post-7271-0-03985600-1383587560.jpg

Especially those who are in the habit of going round taking pictures of other folk at exhibitions ;)

What was that Mike?

post-7271-0-45915000-1383587585.jpg

Another of Mr Nevard and Mr Mellors:

post-7271-0-16818000-1383587575.jpg

Of course, it has been mentioned about Warren Lane winning Best in Show and here's the photo of the Handing over ceremony:

post-7271-0-38169100-1383587529.jpg

Well done to the team, as I was one of the judges for the prize, it was incredibly difficult to choose and if we could, then every layout would of got the award, but WL was chosen as it was an overall good package, but that's not to say that other layouts weren't as good, they were, that's why it was a tough decision, the final run down was:

1.) Warren Lane

2.) Corris

3.) Polbrock Gurney (or however you spell it!)

Here's a photo of the winning layout:

post-7271-0-24008200-1383587594.jpg

Once again, it was a fantastic show and a pleasure to be part of it, plus thank you everyone for the kind comments about the show, they are appreciated!

Simon

Congratulations to the organisers.

My first time at this exhibition and what a great choice of venue and show it was. Lots of very interesting/diverse layouts (and tasty bacon rolls and cakes),

Was a singular privilege to assist ("hinder") eldavo's very interesting and challenging layout. Also enjoyed (and found helpful) discussions with some RMWeb members.

Eddie

• RMweb Premium

Myself and DLT had a great show and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

We both agreed that all (without exception) of the layouts deserved to be shown, something rare at some exhibitions.

Good mix of traders - both of us coming away with books!

We did have a few trials and tribulations with the journeys from Devon, Friday night was bad, but coming back Saturday night, being held up for 20 miles due to a 'large slow load' travelling down the M4!

Many thanks to the organisers for a great show, plus the exhibitors lunches were very good indeed!

Very succinctly put Mudders.  I thought it was a marvelous show and the organisation was top-notch.  My thanks to everybody involved.

Another aspect of visiting a show in a new area is that you get to see loads of layouts you've never come across before; and the Wycrail layouts were a real eye-opener.

Thanks also to Mudmagnet for his help and company over the weekend, and his patience during the traffic holdups; we took plenty of CDs to listen to.

However as far as layout plans are concerned I will pass just one comment - I watched, and had a chance to operate (thank you DLT),  Bridport Town which is excellent in every way.  A track plan would probably reveal no more than a few minutes standing looking at it but what it would not reveal is the wide range of operational interest it offers - that can only be seen by watching it and how it can be worked.  And seeing how not just the track layout but also the control system (and mind of the operators) use the potential it offers.  That can really only be gained by standing and watching and perhaps a bit of thinking.  And that is just what the very friendly atmosphere of Wycrail gives those of us who visit the show.

Thank you very much Mr.Stationmaster.  Bridport Town was designed with exhibition operation in mind; varied operational potential, regular movement over the whole frontage

(without it looking like Clapham Junction) and to provide interest for the viewer AND the operator.  Not sure I want to comment on the operator's minds though...

You certainly picked it up very quickly in the short time you had for operating; although I'm not convinced you approved of my signalling installations.

All the best, Dave.T

• RMweb Gold

Very succinctly put Mudders.  I thought it was a marvelous show and the organisation was top-notch.  My thanks to everybody involved.

Another aspect of visiting a show in a new area is that you get to see loads of layouts you've never come across before; and the Wycrail layouts were a real eye-opener.

Thanks also to Mudmagnet for his help and company over the weekend, and his patience during the traffic holdups; we took plenty of CDs to listen to.

Thank you very much Mr.Stationmaster.  Bridport Town was designed with exhibition operation in mind; varied operational potential, regular movement over the whole frontage

(without it looking like Clapham Junction) and to provide interest for the viewer AND the operator.  Not sure I want to comment on the operator's minds though...

You certainly picked it up very quickly in the short time you had for operating; although I'm not convinced you approved of my signalling installations.

All the best, Dave.T

Sorry to run slightly OT but thank you again for the pleasure of letting me have a go on Bridport Town Dave and you undersell yourself regarding the signalling arrangements (I thought they were rather good actually).

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

does anyone know if connaught road has a website or layout thread anywhere? I only found out about it today, and really like it.

Hi martin, I am the owner and builder of Connaught Road, I am sorry to say it does not yet have a website, although an article should appear next year in the Hornby mag.

The next exhibition is nov 29 at Arlesey, run by the Letchworth model railway society. If I can be of assistance to any information or background you may require please let me know.

Thanks for your kind comments, we aim to build and operate layouts to a high standard and feedback is always welcome.

Archived