Heljan class 60

steve fay

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how many 4mm' modern image modellers cave in and buy one of these - I'm sure there must be a lot of enthusiasm for class 60s out there, helped along by the lovely Hornby Model. 

excellent choice of loco Brian - 001 'Steadfast' comes a close second I think :)  overall though, you cant go wrong with any of the original class 60 names :good:

Jon

Will be interesting to see how many 4mm' modern image modellers cave in and buy one of these - I'm sure there must be a lot of enthusiasm for class 60s out there, helped along by the lovely Hornby Model. 

excellent choice of loco Brian - 001 'Steadfast' comes a close second I think :)  overall though, you cant go wrong with any of the original class 60 names :good:

Jon

Hi Jon, I will be one of those 4mm modellers that cave in!......

Thanks for posting the photos Brian, I cannot wait to get my hands on one. Don't have anywhere for it but hey!

Triple grey definitely suited them best in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Very nice Brian. Safe to say I've ordered a triple grey one for starters! 

They'll benefit massively from Shawplan bodyside grilles as the factory ones are recessed. Unless Heljan are going to tweak it of course (understand this is a pre-production model). 

Took the 60 to my friends yesterday to give it a run with an MoD train and take a few pictures of it on the layout. I put it on the track with DCC in use so the lights would come on.

I have a couple of clips of video to sort out next week. 

Packing it all away to take to Modelrail Scotland tomorrow. I will have my Heljan conversion/detailed models to show what can be done with Heljan models.

post-6766-0-89836700-1392813628.jpg

post-6766-0-74585800-1392813630.jpg

post-6766-0-82102400-1392813632.jpg

post-6766-0-23678900-1392813634.jpg

post-6766-0-29117900-1392813627.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 12