Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

Hi

I would also like to say a huge thanks and well done to Kernow. Order placed late on Monday evening and delivered today. Superb turn around and delivery. 

Here is to my next order, I have a feeling that will be sooner rather than later  :derisive:

Regards 

Mark (Alchemy)

Excellent service from our friends in Cornwall or should it be Kernow????????

Order placed for Bachmann Scenecraft low relief Underground station via their webpage at lunchtime on Friday, email confirming ready to go within two hours, package arrived in Saturday's post. That's brilliant!!!!!!!

John

I had never ordered anything from Kernow until yesterday. I placed the order at twenty to three in the afternoon and twelve minutes later got an email to say it had been dispatched which is a pretty good turnaround. I didn't go with the express next day delivery as the website said there were geographical restrictions and living up in the north east of Scotland I felt those would apply to me so went for the Royal Mail 1st class delivery, My parcel was here before 1pm today which is a pretty good effort by Royal Mail too.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a few small bits and pieces from Kernow (trying out Kadees on my smaller layout) on Sunday 2nd November.  Today, (Thursday 6th) I popped into the (Northern Bulgarian) village post office and the parcel was waiting for me.  When I got home, all was present, correct, and well packed. :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Both ran in the UK?  Both consisted of three "vehicles" - if one discounts the other 82 well tanks which were relatively short lived?  The connection could be very tenuous ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I phoned Kernow yesterday afternoon around 1400 to order an item and it arrived this afternoon at 1330, less than 12 hours from deepest Cornwall to the Hampshire town of Gosport, very impressive service from Kernow and Royal Mail.  

Hi,

23 1/2 hours I think you will find.

Still impressive and excelent service all round though.

I too am only too pleased to say i've recieved similar superb service from Chris and the team on many occasions.

Regards

Edited by TheWeatheringMan

• 1 month later...

I would also like to add my thanks for their impressive service - about a week ago ordered a loco at 3pm and it arrived midday next day: I make that 19 hours!!

I think they will be receiving some more orders sooner rather than later......

• Like 1

I would also like to add my thanks for their impressive service - about a week ago ordered a loco at 3pm and it arrived midday next day: I make that 19 hours!!

I think they will be receiving some more orders sooner rather than later......

It  happens  regularly  with  me   I  order latish  afternoon  3 to 4 ish  and without  fail next  day Royal  mail deliver sometimes  before  8-00AM,usually no later  tahn 10-00 AM  and  for   that  serivice  i am  only  paying  the  £4-00 fee,  unless the  order  value   is over  the level  for  FREE  shipping!!

• Like 2

I like to add my own experience to this thread for Kernow's.

I noticed they had some of the class 37's limited editions without sleeves at a discounted price due to damp damage on the sleeve, the catch was the price was lowered but you didn't get the certification. Fine by me, £69.99 for a class 37 which is the same as the limited edition model sans sleeve and cert, not bothered at all about those so a instant purchase.

Order was placed at around 1:40pm-ish yesterday, I had a email at 2:05pm saying my order was packed and would be going out shortly, I paid the standard £4 rate which is noted to be 1st class and it turned up with the regular postman after lunch.

I have to say as a first time customer to Kernow's that is a outstanding spot of bussiness turnaround and equally a excellent service. I was also pleasently surprised to find a actual till receipt rather than your usual invoice sheet, also noted on was thanks from a staff member. This is the kind of personal service I like to see coming from a model railway shop, I may be some 400 odd miles away from Cornwall but I feel like I've actual been in and bought the loco in person.

I may not buy regularly but I'm certainly considering using Kernow's from now on.

• Like 2

Something  else  worth  noting  Kernow  have  a  loyalty  scheme  sign  up  via  the  website  and every  purchse  gains  points  which  converts  to  a cash  value  (  a bit  like  TESCO  club card!!!!!),  It  is  surprising  how  much   and  rapidly  it becomes  a  worth  while  amount,  which  can be  used  to  reduce  the  cost of an order!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, my post is not about the quality issues of the model, it is about the service and the manner in which I was treated with by Greg.

Obviously some people within the Railway Modelling Supplier, Retail & Editorial ranks on this forum gets a bit touchy with any constructive criticism, and do not seem to engage in constructive discussion, yes I can understand when the threads are locked because of outright abuse, and that is where the power of moderation steps in.

I have been complimentary about many model shops on the forum, and I have been complimentary about KMRC verbally with other modellers, but the way I was treated by Greg today was pretty poor, may be he got out the bed on the wrong side this morning, but it is still no excuse to speak to me the way he did. I telephoned KMRC at dinner time, and I was polite and courteous in my approach, a shame this was not reciprocated form the other end of the phone. 

I run a garage, dealing with the Public day in day out, and if I dealt with them in this way, they would choose to shop elsewhere, and let people know of any poor service, so if you do treat your paying customers this way, please do not expect them to say nothing.

Yes KMRC do give good service, but not in the instance.

Afraid to say I've phoned on 2 occasions to ask simple questions (nothing taxing or awkward) about their limited editions on both occasions. I felt I was treated somewhat brusquely by both individuals. Not downright rude, but as something of a minor irritant. Perhaps they soften up a little when credit card details are given?

Something  else  worth  noting  Kernow  have  a  loyalty  scheme  sign  up  via  the  website  and every  purchse  gains  points  which  converts  to  a cash  value  (  a bit  like  TESCO  club card!!!!!),  It  is  surprising  how  much   and  rapidly  it becomes  a  worth  while  amount,  which  can be  used  to  reduce  the  cost of an order!!!

Its a pity that its for the UK only, I spend a fair few quid with them and I am in Ireland. Lots on order for SR modellers this year!

Same here on the one occasion I phoned.  Then last year on a visit to the area I called there was a customer asking questions and the female member of staff was sharp and pretty rude with no being the answer to every request.  Then 5 minutes later a male staff member was asked the exact same questions and could not have been more helpful and sold various items.  

Amazing how one bad apple could effect a great shop.

I don't doubt it was the same female I encountered, she's clearly out of her depth in the trade, but the middle aged sounding gent was also lacking in manners. I had intended mentioning the previous incident but then he was just as bad. I'll still place the orders as nobody else stocks the items, but if they did.... It is a great shame that all the good work being done by Kernow can so easily be soured by these kind of encounters. The sums of money we as enthusiasts are parting with are not inconsiderable, so a little courtesy would go a long way.