New Brunswick Town

The Evil Bus Driver

NewBrunswickTown.jpg

I haven't decided whether it'll be 3rd rail or not. There is a small factory siding which is served by an 08/09 with a couple of wagons on a weekly basis. The line has been cut back and NBT is a terminus. The rails from where the line once continued can still be seen embedded in the road at the former level crossing. The line curves out of the station through a road bridge which acts as a scenic break. Buildings will be Scalescenes kits and boards will be of foamboard to keep weight down.

Outside the station is a bus interchange and the former goods yard has been lifted, leaving a patch of waste ground which hasn't been built on yet. Another bridge arch has been bricked up since closure of the yard.

I'll have to get up to Crawley this week and visit the hobby store up there.

What do people think? Comments welcome.

Hi alex

is this you first layout? sounds achievable and a good design.

The concept also sounds great, my 2 penneths worth, now you;ve got the idea, get the ball rolling, I spent too long thinking and not enough time doing. :rolleyes:

Hi alex

is this you first layout? sounds achievable and a good design.

The concept also sounds great, my 2 penneths worth, now you;ve got the idea, get the ball rolling, I spent too long thinking and not enough time doing. :rolleyes:

No its not the first (if you count my old home layout) but yeah I do need to get on and start doing stuff. I'll have to see if I can get some thin plywood to build a frame with then I can get the rest built up with foamboard.

It was designed to give a realistic track layou twith mainly off the peg stuff like settrack. I'll probably use Peco as its of proven quality. Points can be changed by the rod in tube method... . Maybe it'll be a use for those old Airfix platform kits I have.

Archived