Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Introduce yourselves!

Should I have said "Hi" in here?

I'll keep in brief:

Hi.  I'm Jeff and I have a problem  ... hang on, that's the other group :blush:

Seriously now.

The wife and I have been living in the Uckfield area for a few years now, and a couple of years ago thought "shall we try to build a model railway?" and that's when the trouble started.  Since then I've been trying to combine every possible interest I have with that objective so, naturally, progress has been unpredictable.  Her interest? Anything other than that which I am interested in.  My interest?  Southern post grouping, though I keep looking back to pre-grouping SECR and LBSCR and going "hmmmm".

Already know a few of the local guys on here as a result of joining the local club.

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, jeff_p said:

My interest?  Southern post grouping, though I keep looking back to pre-grouping SECR and LBSCR and going "hmmmm".

The Cuckoo Line sounds like a good compromise for you, with both those Pre-Group Companies represented in SR and BR(S) days. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm normally a virtual railwayman, but when my family moves from Winchester to Alton in the summer I will effectively inherit a 00 gauge (and possibly an N gauge) layout from the previous owner. I also enjoy Football (Chelsea, Winchester City and groundhopping) and visiting preserved railways. 

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi my  loft is an homage to Hastings between the wars, My father went to st Olave's and my grandfather was head gardener at Harrow so guess which schools classes are on my layout 20190727_120045.thumb.jpg.320302db9c9c8ee2271dd62ec192d754.jpg

however underneath it's very hi tech DCC with loconet train detection controlled by iTrain through a Rocco Z21

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

My name is Peter and I’m on the Surrey/Sussex border. After having briefly been an LNER enthusiast in my teens, I became a post war Southern Railway enthusiast. About 40 years later I found that I had morphed into a pre-war Southern Railway enthusiast.

Hopefully wishes will turn to reality this year when I make space for a layout. I have been busy collecting stock and am delighted with the pre-group stuff available.

I will be aiming for a hybrid layout, part analogue part digital. Part may have a third rail.

My other interests are slot car racing (I run the local club) and classic cars.

I served my apprenticeship with BR.

• Like 4