Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Introduce yourselves!

• RMweb Premium

Welcome Neal, and look forward to hearing more about your new layout after the move.

Having moved myself a year ago we're still unpacking boxes... although the model stuff was well marked and all put into the "model room" as we unloaded the van :)

Thanks very much Crompton ..... I should have added that when we move, I need to build the shed and fit it out.... Having just had a Conservatory built.... So updates on the new project might be show!  

Huzzah another local....oh wait nope, you're leaving us so soon.

Welcome on board Neal :)

Nestor

That's a shame Nestor, as you say 'hello' and 'good-bye'

So updates on the new project might be show!  

No problem, I started dabbling in O gauge over 4 years ago and I'm still track laying.  It's 13ft long x 3ft, and I'm using Peco trackwork.  I know all about slow progress...

• Like 1

Welcome aboard :)  How lucky to have a whole room to play with :) It's similar to the room I have but I model in O gauge so a lot less opportunity, and the SWMBO stipulation was that the room must still be able to be used as a bedroom for any guests - so I don't have the luxury of being able to go around all four walls, although in O gauge a 6ft minimum radius is recommended meaning I'd get not much more than a 12ft circle in the room.

There's a couple of members nearby you as well.

Guest sleeping was another stipulation Cromptonnut but and it's a big "but" she didn't measure the space in the centre of the room (it is big enough for an air bed) and trusted my assurances.....

Welcome to the gang Simon from Brighton! Good to have another one from a little closer by....

Nestor

Hello Nestor and it's great to see people on my doorstep so to speak.

Simon

• Like 1

We're hoping that, eventually, as people begin to get to know each other they'll feel comfortable inviting friends round to "play trains" or help out or whatever - there's bound to be someone in the group who has some sort of knowledge that you need to grab.

We go through Chichester regularly as we have a family holiday caravan at Selsey so, you never know... my boxes of DCC sound OO gauge diesels would be more than happy to stretch their wheels on your new layout I'm sure...

I'm open to having a few helpers round as I silly as it sounds I designed Pendeford sidings with my friends in mind to be a 3 man job (jocko driver, trip driver and yard supervisor), the only problem is my friends all live in the Midlands (or Wales) and also are shift workers like myself so they are infrequent visitors.

Simon

• Like 2

I'm willing to lend a hand at something local (Worthing/Hove/Brighton). I can't say that I'm good at anything in particular, but I am keen to lend a hand – or, at least I'm keener than staying in watching endless cooking programs and soaps! I've got loads of tools to bring along, if required, including rivet punch, chassis alignment tool, soldering iron, etc. If you model 0 gauge, all the better, but if not don't expect me to see what you're pointing at.

Steve

Edited by The Nth Degree

• RMweb Gold

bescotbeast I would be happy to come and lend a hand but unfortunately while it would only take me 15 - 20 mins to drive to Newhaven I scrapped my car last month and haven't got a new one yet, and I imagine it would take me significantly longer to walk it.

bescotbeast I would be happy to come and lend a hand but unfortunately while it would only take me 15 - 20 mins to drive to Newhaven I scrapped my car last month and haven't got a new one yet, and I imagine it would take me significantly longer to walk it.

Once you get yourself mobile your more than welcome to come across for a session running the yard, butties and tea thrown in

Edited by bescotbeast

• RMweb Gold

It would be great to actually meet some other local modellers from here so I too would happily come and lend a hand in a operation session if needed :)

Nestor

• Like 1

It would be great to actually meet some other local modellers from here so I too would happily come and lend a hand in a operation session if needed :)

Nestor

You'd be more than welcome Nestor, it's always great to have a chum to help operate the layout.

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Once you get yourself mobile your more than welcome to come across for a session running the yard, butties and tea thrown in

Butties and tea thrown in! I'll have to let you know once I finally sort out a new car

• RMweb Gold

Why walk when there is a 313 Brighton to Seaford shuttle service, hard seats and popping, popping and jerking what an experience  :O

I won't hear a bad word about the Seaford train! The way that it manages to become so overcrowded at ALL times is second to none...

Nestor

I won't hear a bad word about the Seaford train! The way that it manages to become so overcrowded at ALL times is second to none...

Nestor

I won't tell you how many change overs we have to satisfy each week for defective 313s

This is turning into a very interesting topic

What is in the butties ?

Anything you like, the wife made home quiche last night and it was superb

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm Zac, currently living in Hove, but soon to move much more near the coast in Hove, 'a stone's throw' from the sea, into a bigger and better room.

I was born in Manchester but am almost definitely a suvvana having grown up in London and Hove, but now study all the way up in Newcastle, and am assured by my family I'm talking 'rather odd'.

I model mostly N, but I do have some OO kicking around somewhere, and my geographic tastes are mostly midland (although I do have a liking for the west country and small rural light railways)

My ears certainly picked up at the mention of free food here ;)

regards, Zac

ps. not entirely sure I count as really living in the south east, as I spend almost half the year up in geordieland

• Like 2

'Its grim up north' is lie to keep the southern jessies away :P

There really is some truly stunning coastline up there, and the moors are just beautiful, but I still have a place in my heart for the white cliffs and rolling downs

zac