High Level Kits

High Level Kits

CSB or compensation Dave?

Cheers,

David

Hi David, compensation is what was asked for and the instructions cover. Double beams on rear and rocking axle on front so as not to interfere with the motion. This set-up produces a good stable tank loco, much better than fixed axle and a single beam of old. Me, I would still do CSB though.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Thanks for another very neat and very shiny chassis Dave.

As far as CSBs are concerned, I have to watch I don’t make the kits and, in particular, the instructions too long and/or complicated, so I decided against including the options for CSB on a loco with three variants and in three gauges.

Some types of valve gear get in the way more than others too, and this was the case in this engine, so you would probably need to do some work here. 

Thanks for another very neat and very shiny chassis Dave.

As far as CSBs are concerned, I have to watch I don’t make the kits and, in particular, the instructions too long and/or complicated, so I decided against including the options for CSB on a loco with three variants and in three gauges.

Some types of valve gear get in the way more than others too, and this was the case in this engine, so you would probably need to do some work here.

Hi Chris,

So what will be the next chassis in the pipeline to follow the 64xx? A 28xx or a 43xx? Or maybe even a City or Earl?

Regards

drduncan

Hi

Any idea when / if the chassis for the Judith Edge Harton No2/10 will be available?

Cheers

Paul

Paul, something I've been meaning to catch up with but have been juggling too much this year. I'll try and get onto it...

BR Standards?

Actually, that might be a bridge too far...

It'll be the 94xx which I've now got to test 1 stage.

Edited by High Level Kits
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I believe the Agenoria range is being re-issued and upgraded by EDM Models:

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/EDM_Models/N1/edmloco.html

Steve

Correction due to Senior moment, EDM have taken over the 7mm narrow guage kits, I believe the 4mm range is here:

http://cspmodels.com/abante/index.php?rt=product/category&path=65

Edited by steve howe

The 64XX etches and lost waxes are now with the companies that do them, so that's all that's holding things up. Unfortunately, the etchng company is taking forever to do things thses days.

As far as 7mm is concerned, I keep dabbling with it, but then get distacted by 4mm as it's my main market. 

I'll update the website as soon as the 64XX is ready.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The 64xx etches should be arriving today so I'm hoping to have them ready for sale by early next week. Full contact details on on the website, http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk/ which you may notice has had a makeover.

This latest chassis is engineered to our usual standards. It can be built in OO, EM or P4 with either rigid axles or twin-beam compensation. Conversion to CSBs is relatively straightforward using our own components. The kit includes a full set of inside valve gear (non-working) and fully-removable brakegear. It is designed around a large 14 series can motor (we can supply this) and a bespoke double-reduction gearbox, which is included in the kit and available in 30, 40 or 54:1 ratios – please state your preference when ordering. The motor sits snugly inside the boiler and the gearbox is concealed inside the ashpan, leaving the cab completely clear. 

Sharp-eyed modellers will have realised that the Bachmann bodyshell can, with a little modification, also be used to represent the 5400 and 7400 class versions – apart from not being push-pull fitted, the 74s were virtually identical to the 64s but the 54s had 5ft 2in diameter wheels. If taking the latter route, check that your chosen make of wheels will actually fit inside the splashers. The kit includes alternative patterns of brake gear to cover the principal variations within the three classes.

Edited by High Level Kits
  • Like 3