High Level Kits

High Level Kits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest on the GT3, as posted in the thread on 'Hints and Tips'

I've just e mailed GT3 customers to say that the kits are almost ready for packing/delivery.

If you're on the mailing list but, for some reason, didn't get the mail, then please ring 0191 3882112 to sort out which version you want. I've reserved one for each person on the list but if anyone decides to bail out then that absolutely fine, but please let me know so I can allocate the etch to someone else.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 4 months later...

With permission from the thread owner here is a quick pic of the venerable GWR/BR 94xx class loco chassis for the old LIMA body which has been having a test build at the LMS workshops.

post-10324-0-31655100-1473970168.jpg

And the chassis itself.

post-10324-0-59063500-1473970180.jpg

Fully compensated and in P4 but can also be built in OO and EM.

Lovely jubbly.

Can be seen on the High Level stand at EXPO North this weekend.

Dave Franks

• Like 5

Another one on the future shopping list.

I did ask Chris whether he might think about a chassis for the 15xx. Initially he sounded interested, until he realised that it had Walschaerts outside.....

It's not so much the valve gear Horsetan, but the lack of a suitable body. There have been some 'talks' on the subject and I'm not ruling it out as it's a personal favourite.

• 1 month later...

I'm sitting on a good few orders for gearboxes and motors at the moment and, in a lot of instances, have quoted an estimated time for delivery to customers. This was based on information from Japan saying the goods have been shipped. Unfortunately, Customs have now introduced a new part of the import process which adds a significant amount of time.

In the past, if Customs at Coventry intervene, it's never been good - the last time, it took 4 times as long for the parcel to get from Coventry to me, than it did to get from Japan to Coventry. The Japanese wanted to know if I’d got it, and there it was just sitting there doing nothing as the process slowly grinded away. It was embarrassing!  Any misunderstandings, mistakes or things that differ from the norm are impossible to sort out as they are not contactable by phone and, as far as I can gather, accountable to no one for their balls-ups. The idea of finding and extracting information from the HMRC website is just a joke!...

I'm hoping to get my hands on the motors in the next couple of week - apologies for the delay.

On a more positve note, I can take orders for 94XXs is anyone wants one?...

• Like 1

and from my experience it seems like the Post Office have a monopoly on collecting the additional duty which means a trip to their local distribution point to pay the duty before your goods are released, and why o why do they take into account the shipping costs when calculating duty???

British bureaucracy at its finest.

Don't get me started.

Edited by Porcy Mane

and from my experience it seems like the Post Office have a monopoly on collecting the additional duty which means a trip to their local distribution point to pay the duty before your goods are released, and why o why do they take into account the shipping costs when calculating duty???

Don't get me started.

Too late... :jester:

Don't get me started.

That was the good old days and I was happy enough to do that. Now, If it's over a certain amount, a letter turns up and you have to fill in a form, post it back before (hopefully) they'll allow you to cough up.

That was the good old days and I was happy enough to do that. Now, If it's over a certain amount, a letter turns up and you have to fill in a form, post it back before (hopefully) they'll allow you to cough up.

So they've taken shltty bureaucracy and improved it. Somewhere in the Royal Mail charter it used to say, once they have a parcel they will make fair attempts to deliver it to the recipient. In my book they are not even attempting. Worra load of pIss flaps. Why couldn't they make the Modern posties handset accept credit cards or the like????

Although I feel sorry for the humble posties. Today I answered the door to mine as he had packages from Hong Kong (Posted Friday last) & Poland (posted on 31/10/2016) for me. He also had a bill that had been posted from about 6 miles away; it was post marked 20/10/2106! He was also carrying 25 magazines with all the associated crap leaflets. to be delivered to each residence, telling each household how well our local council is performing under financial duress. It sez nowt in the magazine about the local deliverers they punted to give the contract to Royal Fail.

Grump,  grump,  Grump. You'll get more of it at the weekend boyo.

So they've taken shltty bureaucracy and improved it. Somewhere in the Royal Mail charter it used to say, once they have a parcel they will make fair attempts to deliver it to the recipient. In my book they are not even attempting. Worra load of pIss flaps. Why couldn't they make the Modern posties handset accept credit cards or the like????

Although I feel sorry for the humble posties. Today I answered the door to mine as he had packages from Hong Kong (Posted Friday last) & Poland (posted on 31/10/2016) for me. He also had a bill that had been posted from about 6 miles away; it was post marked 20/10/2106! He was also carrying 25 magazines with all the associated crap leaflets. to be delivered to each residence, telling each household how well our local council is performing under financial duress. It sez nowt in the magazine about the local deliverers they punted to give the contract to Royal Fail.

Grump,  grump,  Grump. You'll get more of it at the weekend boyo.

Worked as a postie during my student years - my goodness I was fit and never a winter cold - nor any need for one of those fussy gym subscriptions... and junk mail or no junk mail we still carried a lot of rubbish!

and junk mail or no junk mail we still carried a lot of rubbish!

Aye that was the start of it. Enforced jobsharing with the dustbin men.  :wink_mini:

Joking aside, and thinking slightly in more depth about it, I could attach a chute straight from my letterbox into the recycling bin. That would save me having to carry about 85% of it straight from the  hall floor to the bin.

Edited by Porcy Mane

Aye that was the start of it. Enforced jobsharing with the dustbin men.  :wink_mini:

Joking aside, and thinking slightly in more depth about it, I could attach a chute straight from my letterbox into the recycling bin. That would save me having to carry about 85% of it straight from the  hall floor to the bin.

I understand that in some houses it did go from my hand to letterbox to dog to roses...automated recycling?

So does anyone know how much this new 94xx chassis kit is?

Sorry Horsetan, so busy not even me, but it'll be in line with the rest of the range, so £42 for the chassis (which includes hornblocks, gearbox and sandboxes) and the motor (14 series) would be extra.

The etchers are dragging their feet otherwise they'd be ready now, but another week or so and they should be.

• Like 1

Sorry Horsetan, so busy not even me, but it'll be in line with the rest of the range, so £42 for the chassis (which includes hornblocks, gearbox and sandboxes) and the motor (14 series) would be extra.

The etchers are dragging their feet otherwise they'd be ready now, but another week or so and they should be.

Can you give us an update your exhibition callendar so that I can work out when I am likely to be able to get my hands on one? From your web site, your last published engagement was railex last May. :-)

Can you give us an update your exhibition callendar so that I can work out when I am likely to be able to get my hands on one? From your web site, your last published engagement was railex last May. :-)

More apologies are due for laxness, My shows are the same each year, so Newcastle this weekend (a local show) but other than that the EM North, Expo EM, S4 North and S4 at Aylesbury, plus the two Railexes (the original in Aylesbury and NE version) and that's it.

So the next show after this weekend is Scalefour North 2017.

Edited by High Level Kits
  • Like 1

Just an update on the motor delivery for those waiting to hear from me. Customs have had the motors for over two weeks now, and claim that I haven't sent them any info as  requested (although I have proof I did for what good it'll do me) and now threaten to send them back to Japan. With no phone numbers working, I’m forced to correspond by firing off an email, in the hope that they can be bothered to pick it up.

The shipment was made Via Parcel Force, who, for whatever reason, let UPS handle some of their stuff. I would say that their service was nothing short of a disgrace.

Better news, the 94XX should be ready for sale in the next week or so. The etches just need a look over and it’s ready to go...