RMweb Live- Confirmed layouts

Andy Y

Hi,

I just had a telephone conference with my colleague at the base of Loughborough Road (I phoned dad at home :) ) and just gone through the arrangements for setting up tomorrow and we think we are all set for the weekend, I'll be operating for time interspersed with taking pictures, advertising my 3D stuff, seeing various layouts ( plus operating some) and talking to colleagues and old friends.

See you guys tomorrow evening!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Ravensclyffe is all boxed up and ready to travel. I've even managed to plant the last two signals on the main line so that the camera train driver will know what is ahead of him/her.

Not sure that I'm ready, lots to do in the morning including a little bit of portable appliance testing, it's useful being able to borrow the machine from work, wonder if I should charge myself for doing it?

We are still short of operators so if anyone wants to play we could use some extra hands...

Andi

Furtwangen Ost is checked and all the bits are packed ready to go.  Collecting Jim at 1.30 to pack car for a 2pm start- should be there just after 4pm.  Mr Simon travelling up by train to arrive about 7pm, by which time we'll be set up.....

Les

• RMweb Gold

I shall be leaving work just after lunch as the advanced party for Loughborough Road as I am pretty certain I shall arrive before the layout does! I am very much looking forward to the weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Van collected, curtain ironed, more supplies than a small model shop packed and, most importantly, paint dry! 

Now just to carry the lot down the stairs!

See you all at Ricoh!

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

The nice thing about this thread now is that it is confirming (with one regrettable exception) that the confirmed layouts are getting underway.  Mind you I presume the good Captain will neither confirm nor deny that (but, if it's easy to unparcel, can I please give my ex-Tetleys 8F a run on your railway Capn' sir?).

I started reading this thread and thought mmnnn ok some model trains but is it worth a visit as I went to the Telford 0 last weekend plus the nut-crusher might be unhappy about 2 shows back to back.

Then I read a bit more and found some reely good 0 gauge layouts there too including one that came by  a scooby.......... so I read a bit more and the there are some very good 00 layouts too.  I then read up on the venue weeeeeel that looks tasty too good parking it's car park A for the model exhibition right slap bang in the front of venue, M42 M6 here I come.

Can't wait now, tapping fingers, licking lips, checking wallet, an apple and a packet of crisps for the journey, I know make a list of items to get, layouts to see, people to say Hi to and RMWebbers say Hi 

Can I go to bed yet

I'm looking forward to a reely grate show and one that may well become a regular for me.

Anyone know where Lady Godiva rides? :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :jester:

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am the lease holder of the Railway Station in Torrington - I run a licensed cafe from here called the Puffing Billy Trading Co. I've seen the set up on page one of this thread by OO – Darren Rees - Does anybody know how I might be able to get hold of him? I'm really interested in having a set up at the station to show how it would have looked in days gone by. If I can't get hold of him does anybody know of anyone else that might have available? Regards

Archived