Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Looks nice Andy, lots of operational potential. What passenger service(s) will you be running?

Ray.

Morning Ray, Not sure about the passenger side yet, because of the other Locos and Railfreight era wagons were into the pre EW&S so late 80's to late 90's I would guess.

That gives me a couple of options, Blue / Grey DMU or Regional Rail 150 / 153 / 158 etc.

Bachy Blue box have promised a sound fitted 158 in RR for this year, or I'll do one myself.

I do fancy a unit just sauntering in and sitting there ticking over whilst other stuff goes on in the background or foreground if I turn it around.

All the best.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

The more shots I see of this, the more little details I start to pick out. It's a great layout, and i look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Once you get the ol' BODGIT magic going, It'll be even better, I'm sure.

When do you think you'll start exhibiting it?

(Once you've sorted that little list out :) )

Cheers,

Al.

Morning Al, I'm not sure about Bodgit Magic, more like Bodgit Bodgit. I'm still the same at the moment, when I was out taking the pics last night I found some bits that were amazing. I will take some decent pics of said item but not yet otherwise there will be nothing left to amaze you all with.

But remember its NOT MY WORK so far.

As for Exhibiting it, well I have nothing confirmed at the moment which is probably a good thing, (although discussions are under way with a couple of show organizers) but there is still plenty to do, and if we do move in a couple of weeks then the railway and me on here will almost certainly disappear for at least a couple of Months.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Just a thought on the DMU front. I think that I read somewhere that you can get a decoder that allows for auto/shuttle running. Not sure if they do a sound version but it might be an option so you can concentrate on the freight/loco side.

Nice layout BTW, I can't believe that you haven't finished it yet (says he who keeps finding other things to do to stop him having to finish his own layout).

• Like 3

I do like a spot of layout lighting.  Yours, Andy, is adding that touch of atmospheric quality already.

Polly

Hi Polly and thanks for that. I have some more ideas for even more lighting, and as a departure from my norm, I will NOT be having overhead lights if I Exhibit the Layout as I want it to look like dusk to justify Street Lamps, (I find nothing worse than a Layout lit up like a Christmas tree and then a flood of overhead lights as well) and so a darkish corner and just the hall lights would be enough to show it off to its best I think.

• Like 3

Cracking shots Andy, nice looking layout with good interesting operating potential. Seeing as I can't ask 'is there any grass yet' I'll have to settle for 'have you used the patented Bodgit glue gun yet?'

Morning Mike, I was leaving that charged up and ready for my visit to Dent to fix your signals my friend, hhahaha

The serious answer is not yet Oh yes I have, I fixed the wires under the baseboard, so back to normal then. hahhaha.

• Like 2

Just thought of a new expression - I'll have to Settle and Carlisle for/it/up....  :O

Ah. Well. I tried. :jester:

Wrong thread, maybe. :scratchhead:

Going back to bed....

Polly

Oh its YOU again, hahha, I wouldn't Settle for second best, and bless, yes you did try, just keep taking the tablets and you'll be fine.

I think your diagnosis is lack of scenic modelling, no heather of late on QC, no little bits to add.

Still today you should get Ray's new toy to play with, (can I say that on here) hahahah.

All the best

Andy

Just a thought on the DMU front. I think that I read somewhere that you can get a decoder that allows for auto/shuttle running. Not sure if they do a sound version but it might be an option so you can concentrate on the freight/loco side.

Nice layout BTW, I can't believe that you haven't finished it yet (says he who keeps finding other things to do to stop him having to finish his own layout).

Morning Ray H, (added the H so as not to confuse myself with the other Ray at this early hour on the morning). A shuttle would be good, I hadn't thought of that, so its another option. I hope to have a two track fiddle yard for the passenger side so that I can have two different types of unit for variety.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work, Andy.

It'll soon be as good as GLEN ROY.

And we all know how good a layout that is!

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, DON'T MENTION GLEN ROY, hahha, its obvious that someone doesn't like it much, I'd like to see her layout.

There will be some more pics on later.

Cheers mate.

• RMweb Premium

What PERIOD are you depicting with Glen Roy Andy?

Touchy subject at the moment, Jason. Bit like Basil Fawlty's "Don't mention the war" or Capt. Mainwaring's "Don't tell him your name, Pike"!!

Jeff

What PERIOD are you depicting with Glen Roy Andy?

Don't you start, :O  1904 to 2014 :no: :no: or whatever I fancy on the day. :nono:  hahhaaa

Cheers Jason, you wind up merchant, hahha :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :blind:

Touchy subject at the moment, Jason. Bit like Basil Fawlty's "Don't mention the war" or Capt. Mainwaring's "Don't tell him your name, Pike"!!

Jeff

Now your at it, gore blimey mate, give a bloke a rest cant yeer. hahha

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Jeff, DON'T MENTION GLEN ROY, hahha, its obvious that someone doesn't like it much, I'd like to see her layout.

There will be some more pics on later.

Cheers mate.

Best of luck with it, Andy. I'll retreat back to the Fells and hide in my Bunker.

You can always set your clown on her!!  :jester:  :jester:  :triniti:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Oh its YOU again, hahha, I wouldn't Settle for second best, and bless, yes you did try, just keep taking the tablets and you'll be fine.

I think your diagnosis is lack of scenic modelling, no heather of late on QC, no little bits to add.

Still today you should get Ray's new toy to play with, (can I say that on here) hahahah.

All the best

Not arrived, yet, but I've got my own one, thanks. Andy, on GWRd - it needs a tad doing to it. :D

Pollyfix

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you've had an enjoyable afternoon with the camera, despite the morning's hassles.

Jaz has it spot-on. That's a little gem of a layout you've bought there, Andy.

Jeff

Lots of potential here Andy, might have to invite you up to Scotland with some of your layouts.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I'll probably need a Passport next year though, hahaha.

I have to say, you certainly bought a good layout. The trees and grass are all good colours.

Hi Jaz, yes all the colours are muted and constant, nothing on the Layout glares at you which is nice, I'm more than aware that I could SPOIL IT, so I will be very careful when I get to add to the scenics.

Not arrived, yet, but I've got my own one, thanks. Andy, on GWRd - it needs a tad doing to it. :D

Pollyfix

Wont you let Ray share yours for QC or isn't yours chipped yet?

BTW will Ray be adding Sound?

Good to see you've had an enjoyable afternoon with the camera, despite the morning's hassles.

Jaz has it spot-on. That's a little gem of a layout you've bought there, Andy.

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, I was going to do so much today but we've had more BAD NEWS with the House.

Told last week that he would have the money last Friday, that came and went, then told on Tuesday that he would have the money tomorrow (Friday) but just had a call to say that it will be ANOTHER FEW DAYS. so totally PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED   OFF.

Then the other thing today peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed me off as well.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear both bits of news - the mag only arrived today so I have but noticed the item, I haven't read it. Not sure there is anything I can say about the property deal though that hasn't already been said.