Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters,

I have just read your article on Glen Roy and notice that half way down the platform is a model of Mr Angus McBrowntrousers. In the years you depicted, Angus had unfortunately had one of his nads removed by surgery following an incident where a West Highland White had bitten him on said appendage and it had gone septic. Upon looking at your photographs, it is evident that the model of Angus has a bulge in his trousers that quite clearly depicts a full nutsack. As such, it has TOTALLY AND UTTERLY ruined the depiction of the station and village for me.

Yours,

Rivette Countaire

• Like 1

Dear Mr Peters,

I have just read your article on Glen Roy and notice that half way down the platform is a model of Mr Angus McBrowntrousers. In the years you depicted, Angus had unfortunately had one of his nads removed by surgery following an incident where a West Highland White had bitten him on said appendage and it had gone septic. Upon looking at your photographs, it is evident that the model of Angus has a bulge in his trousers that quite clearly depicts a full nutsack. As such, it has TOTALLY AND UTTERLY ruined the depiction of the station and village for me.

Yours,

Rivette Countaire

Jason that's just brilliant, I should get that published in BRM in response. still laughing, and choking on me cup of tea, hahhaha

Still deciding whether to continue posting on RM Web or just pull out and do my own thing.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Well said, Jason.

For goodness sake, we are building MODELS here - NOT primary historical documents that have to be 100% accurate to keep the saddos happy.

And btw, it was an EAST Highland White that snuffed out his spherical object. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Best wishes, 

Disgruntled of Stockton.

• RMweb Premium

Jason that's just brilliant, I should get that published in BRM in response. still laughing, and choking on me cup of tea, hahhaha

Still deciding whether to continue posting on RM Web or just pull out and do my own thing.

Don't you dare stop posting or we'll come down to Swad and give you the "Angus treatment"!

Seriously Andy, RMweb NEEDS people like you to keep it an informative and humorous place.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Don't you dare stop posting or we'll come down to Swad and give you the "Angus treatment"!

Seriously Andy, RMweb NEEDS people like you to keep it an informative and humorous place.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

but I'm still not sure yet,

as you may or may not have noticed, I am still posting at the moment,

mostly out of ANGER and my keyboard has taken a RIGHT ROYAL POUNDING today.

If I disappear then you know the score, I have had some good support in the BRM section which is nice.

Just learn NOT to get KL2 out of kilter with reality, and for goodness sake have the right bus.

Talking of Buses, there was a comment in the Model Rail thread below a few Months back about a Bus I had on Deesdale Road, to which I replied that it was on its way to a Bus Rally.

I have never had such comments from Railway Modeller readers for any of my articles.

• RMweb Premium

Andy, let me tell you something that YOU already know....

I build my layouts to please ME. They are BROADLY based on a prototype, but if anyone chooses to criticise my interpretation of detail well, they can go and s*d off!

If my modelling is crap, fair enough - rip me to bits. YOUR modelling is very good and the criticism in that letter was totally ridiculous.

I WANT Ben to publish a photo of the undoubtedly wonderful layout of said Madame Rivet Countaire.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I had to go and read the offending letter. The most annoying thing is she is probably right in her facts but would probably be the person saying to constable oy! you have move those buildings a bit and the trees are in the wrong place and the cart isn't right. People forget this is a hobby and while some enjoy hours of research others don't. However a good model railway is a lot more than historical facts and usually a bit of compression and blurring of facts helps to make it interesting as a model.

If the person concerned had been able to appreciate what had been done well and then suggested one of two things that could be changed such as a bus livery it would have been ok. As it was it was a useless letter because there will be loads of modellers not wanting to put forward their layouts becasue they haven't got time to check every details .

Andy ignore it and stick to the modeller and Model Rail who seem to appreciate what you are about good layouts not 100% fidelity but people like them.

Don

PS I would not have published the letter like that we I was editing the Gauge 0 Guild gazzette.

Edited by Donw

Andy. I can fully understand the way you must feel as I think I would feel exactly the same, but please don't let one persons criticism spoil it for everyone else. When I was going through a rotten spell last year I thought in a very similar way but looking at how many people followed my thread and their obvious enjoyment of what I was doing made me continue instead, so do it for those of us that appreciate and love what you do.

Seeing as how I'm modelling a prototype I'd better watch my step, :O Oh no I think I'm alright unless there is anyone alive who can remember 1904. :no:  

All the best mate

Jim

• Like 6

Andy

It is a sad fact that as well as creative, skilled imaginative craftsmen who can create the feel of a time and place, this hobby also attracts a large number of sad obsessive types who can think of nothing better than to find some small details to nit pick. She really isn't worth spending any time worrying about.

Please don't take any notice, simply say "poor thing, she can't help it" and carry on being creative, skilled, imaginative, instructive and funny. This would be a poorer place without you and your support and encouragement to every one on this forum.

Best wishes

Chris

Cheers Jeff, Don, Jim and Chris, your all right of course, as I think I said in one of my rants somewhere today, its not so much the letter, but the way it was made a whole page and a Star Letter.

I will let it drop now, even though I still peeeeeeeeeeeeed off,

I should have gone to Club tonight but my Mojo has gone out on its own, and wont be back for some time.

• RMweb Premium

Wont you let Ray share yours for QC or isn't yours chipped yet?

BTW will Ray be adding Sound?

Chipped? Sound? 

Try: Study diagram and assemble.  :yes:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bodgemiester. What a great find your new layout is!!!!!

Five days away at the coast, seemed like an eon after finding 6 pages of Swad Lane.

What's all this nonsense about quitting. I'm sure everyone on here is far too busy admiring your wonderfully weathered diesel fleet and detailing to worry about a bus being in the wrong livery mate! I mean, a bus. If you had the wrong axel boxes on a BR built 3 part steel end van I'd understand.

Anul Van-der-Axelboxen

• Like 1

Hi Andy. Thanks for the guided tour of the layout. All I can say is don't let the beggars get you down. Just remember the number of people you have helped, influenced and inspired in this hobby, you are a legend in my humble opinion.

Hi Bodgemiester. What a great find your new layout is!!!!!

Five days away at the coast, seemed like an eon after finding 6 pages of Swad Lane.

What's all this nonsense about quitting. I'm sure everyone on here is far too busy admiring your wonderfully weathered diesel fleet and detailing to worry about a bus being in the wrong livery mate! I mean, a bus. If you had the wrong axel boxes on a BR built 3 part steel end van I'd understand.

Anul Van-der-Axelboxen

Hi Shaun, good to have you back mate,hope you had a nice time, yes, obviously I can't make layouts right now so I'm having to buy ready made jobbies.

Hahhahahha

All the best mate

Hi Andy. Thanks for the guided tour of the layout. All I can say is don't let the beggars get you down. Just remember the number of people you have helped, influenced and inspired in this hobby, you are a legend in my humble opinion.

Thanks Jimmer, Very kind of you to say such nice things but its the RM Web started by Andy Y that helps everyone, be they beguiners looking for help of craftsmen looking for extra details to perfect he ultimate model.

On here WE ARE ALL EQUAL.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters,

Yours,

Rivette Countaire

Dear Miss Countaire

You would be the one to notice this error in Mr Peters modelling. We all know that after Angus had his accident your fun with my husband came to an end.

And as for you spreading the rumour I taught the dog to attack the cheating so and so, it is a total lie. All I said was "Bodgit go find your master's ball".

Mrs A McBrowntrousers

Glen Roy

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Dear Miss Countaire

You would be the one to notice this error in Mr Peters modelling. We all know that after Angus had his accident your fun with my husband came to an end.

And as for you spreading the rumour I taught the dog to attack the cheating so and so, it is a total lie. All I said was "Bodgit go find your master's ball".

Mrs A McBrowntrousers

Glen Roy

Now now Clive, we only deal with fact on here, please don't spread rumors that you can'y substantiate.

O.K. SO BACK TO

SWAD LANE

I have tidied up the wiring a bit on the second board this morning, these are the track feeds and buffer stops wired.

Just the points to do next on both boards.

post-9335-0-32684800-1399578257_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81222700-1399578262_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66217800-1399578273_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Sod it, I was so angry today I forgot to put the resistors in the 3 buffer lights, BANG, :O  so that's another purchase at the Derby Show on Saturday. :no:

I mut admit I find that unless I am in a calm mood I c*ck something up ( well t least I do it more often when stressed)

Don

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Was reading the last couple of pages, (Jason made me laugh) , and am intrigued to know what this person actually wrote?

Is it in a magazine? Or on RMweb?

BRM Magazine June issue. I believe there's quite a good article on a modern layout in it also.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1