Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Pendeford Sidings meet up

With interest in having a meet up to help me run Pendeford Sidings and scoff my wifes home cooking I thought i'd put on here some dates for time off I've got from work. I'm available from Saturday 26th of July to Thursday 31st of July. Let me know if you fancy coming round for running of trains or shuffling some paperwork.

Simon

Looks like I have 3 weeks to buy a car lol. Although I have been saying I'm buying one next week since the end of April.

Either buy a car or you could catch bus/train and i'll collect/drop off at bus stop/station (* omit relevant phrases) Blue. Thing is when I know someones coming round it spurs me on to get aspects of the layout finished  :locomotive:

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There's nothing like a deadline to focus the mind... ask anyone who's ever exhibited a layout.

Or even if its a layout that is supposedly ready for exhibition, one will undoubtably find all sorts of little details to change

Nestor

• RMweb Gold

Either buy a car or you could catch bus/train and i'll collect/drop off at bus stop/station (* omit relevant phrases) Blue. Thing is when I know someones coming round it spurs me on to get aspects of the layout finished  :locomotive:

Simon

Thanks that would be excellent. It would be the bus as Dr Beeching visited the station in Hailsham :( I will let you know what day would be best as I have 2 kids I would need to sort out care for. Maybe I should invite people round as my baseboard was finished in February and it still has no track on it!

Gary

• RMweb Premium

Morning Simon

Saturday the 26th appears good for me at the moment, although I've not actually consulted the authorities yet!

For any others available that day, I'll be travelling the M3, M25, M23 to get there so pickups could be arranged if convenient I guess?

• Like 1

Saturday 26th sounds good to me, i'll provisionally mark it up on the calender, i've now got a date to work towards (reminds me i better phone the chippy about putting a stable door in so we can get in and out for toilet breaks without disturbing the action)

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Having spoke to my mum Saturday the 26th seems good for me too.

No need for a chippy to put in a stable door just put a jigsaw through the existing one lol (warning this method does not include a SWMBO seal of approval)

Having spoke to my mum Saturday the 26th seems good for me too.

No need for a chippy to put in a stable door just put a jigsaw through the existing one lol (warning this method does not include a SWMBO seal of approval)

Great this is shaping up to be a good meet up. The problem with that job is that she always tells me to shut the door when cutting/drilling/sanding/banging/sawing etc so how do I shut the door to then cut through it?

Goals to set myself, finish ballasting on lower level, get stable door done and create some hard standing on the glass factory sidings, also maybe start cladding the retaining walls in brick.

Simon

P.S Blue let me know you're travel arrangements and if you need collecting etc

Edited by bescotbeast

• RMweb Gold

Will I pass Hailsham on the way, not sure where it is?

Unfortunately not Hailsham is down the A22.

P.S Blue let me know you're travel arrangements and if you need collecting etc

I will travel to Eastbourne on the bus and the get a bus or train from Eastbourne to Newhaven (I will need to look at timetables to decide). Depending on where abouts in Newhaven you are I have no problem with a bit of walking otherwise picking up from the bus stop / train station would be very much appreciated. Unless of course I actually manage to buy a car by then.

You clearly like living dangerously.

I have been informed that a mole in Wales has been feeding SWMBO Classified information regarding the 26th of July, as you're here Mark you can vouch for her cooking credentials  :boast:

I've pencilled in the 26th so I should be there!...

Nestor (the pretty sure of Brighton)

Looking forward to meeting you Nest along with Ian of Exford and Bluelightning 

• RMweb Gold

11am sounds good to me, the kids will probably have me up at 6 anyway. Looking forward to getting to "Play with trains" lol. The only thing I've got near recently is my sons Hornby "The Blue Highlander" set and he won't even let me get my loco's near it lol

11am sounds fine Simon and I'm happy to contribute to the catering costs.

That's great Ian, no need to contribute all I ask is you bring some suitable Speedlink wagons and a Class 50 or two (found a picture on A.Williams site of a NSE Class 50 working a Gloucester to Bescot DCE trip in 88 http://www.bescot.plus.com/trains/50018_9M01 so I've got a reason for a visiting class 50 on the Bescot tripper now) You three can run the layout and my task will be too devise the traffic for the day and fetch cup of tea etc

Edit - just found another working for a 50 http://www.bescot.plus.com/trains/50023_Bescot , this could depart Oxley then run via Pendeford and then via the Grand Jcn (old road) to New St

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 2