Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

Pendeford Sidings meet up

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Simon

All okay for tomorrow I hope, I plan to leave about 9am so should make 11am comfortably all being well, although I will be in the hands of the M25 gods!

Evening Ian, I'm all set for tomorrow. Nestor has had to drop out owing to work but Bluelightning (Gary) is still coming . Lindsay has been busy baking lots of tasty treats to keep us going, I've also installed some blinds to try and keep the heat out as it's been unbearable this week even with my windows open. Looking forward to having some fun as well as a natter.

Simon

A few pictures from todays meet up where most of the trains utilised Ians motive power to great effect  :sungum:  The usual format for when I have visitors is I take a back seat and issue instructions on the make up and shunting of trains and the other two operate the mainline and shunting the yard

14747872254_003774b81e_b.jpgIan by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14747040991_c114ba6ba3_b.jpg50050 Fearless by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14563562148_d178d03c2a_b.jpgD6508 Eastleigh by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14747041521_65666a7f56_b.jpgD6508 works Target 43 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14563580528_4256fd0460_b.jpgGary has a shunt by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• RMweb Premium

Evening Simon

Many thanks for letting us play today and it was good to meet you and Gary. Please pass on my thanks also to your good lady wife for the excellent spread at lunchtime, looks like I'll have to upgrade the bacon rolls next time I'm hosting! Once it cools down a bit you must come over to Basingstoke to play.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Thanks for today was very enjoyable meeting you and Ian and getting to play with some trains. I would definitely echo Ian's statement about lunchtime. Once trains are running here I shall have to have people round to play.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Hi 'nut,

Definitely a fun day. In fact it was so much fun that I feel converted and have a Heljan Class 33 on its way! and after reading through both of Ian's threads I think my "proper" layout when that finally gets build may be an NSE layout with a preserved branch coming off of it so that I can run my existing stock on it.

Gary

• RMweb Premium

I feel converted and have a Heljan Class 33 on its way! and after reading through both of Ian's threads I think my "proper" layout when that finally gets build may be an NSE layout

Another convert then, but remember Gary a Class 33 needs a Class 50 as it's friend! :locomotive:  ;)

• RMweb Gold

Another convert then, but remember Gary a Class 33 needs a Class 50 as it's friend! :locomotive:  ;)

I am very tempted your fleet of 50's on Exford Park does look good. I am definitely going to have to put a TMD in my proper layout lol.

It's your fault I've been browsing ebay looking for a suitable Class 50, I'm also planning to implement your hinge solution and adjust the grade on the steepest of the two inclines over the next month.

It's your fault I've been browsing ebay looking for a suitable Class 50, I'm also planning to implement your hinge solution and adjust the grade on the steepest of the two inclines over the next month.

Will that mean T305 and the 81 will actually be able to get uphill without banking?

Will that mean T305 and the 81 will actually be able to get uphill without banking?

I hope so Mark, Ian did some trouble shooting on the top of the incline and my conclusion is I need to redo the gradient further still, I'm exploring options with my fiddle yard as well.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Simon

Would've loved to have come down again but as I said on the PM we already have plans as its the Bank Holiday weekend, maybe why there's been no takers? Any chance of another date instead?

Did I invite you to be a guest operator at Chatham June 3rd-4th, I can't remember?

Hi Simon

Would've loved to have come down again but as I said on the PM we already have plans as its the Bank Holiday weekend, maybe why there's been no takers? Any chance of another date instead?

Did I invite you to be a guest operator at Chatham June 3rd-4th, I can't remember?

Ian, I've every intention of organising another open day this year with a suitable date planned for your self and your layout with Curry laid on. I've gone ahead with this date as Thames611 approached to say he hoped to come and then confirmed he'd booked the time off, as I didn't want to let him down I've pushed ahead with this date.

Myself and Mr Wiles, will be attending the show (think we are coming on Saturday but we could do Sunday also,as the wife is away pampering herself) and would love to wreck "cough" sorry operate your layout.

Cheers

Simon

Archived