Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

After a period of not doing much on 1368 due to other stuff going on, it's probably time for an update...

I've mostly been working on small stuff, and it's taken a while as it's required reworking some existing bits and scratch building others:

post-6675-0-76016900-1474752692.jpg

post-6675-0-95636700-1474752726_thumb.jpeg

post-6675-0-92903900-1474752753_thumb.jpeg

post-6675-0-23305900-1474752788.jpg

post-6675-0-01112500-1474752817.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Today I'll be adding the L shaped fillet between the cab and top of the firebox/tanks. This is complicated by the kit parts being too big, not fitting and the GWR love of curves. I shall be delving into the box of scrap etch again.

I've also noticed there's a lump on the top of the firebox on the driver's side next to the cab sheet. No idea what this is for but it's absent from the kit and needs fitting first.

Chris

Assuming DCC, which chip, and where?

Mine is currently a non-sound Zimo, under the cab, with KA in the tanks, but when I have it apart to fit the cylinder drain cocks, I want to fit a sound decoder & speaker. I was hoping that Heljan/Hattons would have brought out the 4mm version, prompting someone to go out & record the real thing and do a project. Unfortunately, this seems to be in the Dapol "don't hold your breath" category at the mo'.

What are your thoughts?

Best

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I`ve been following along,all be it quitely!.

And i have to say, i admire your perseverance and determination with this. :good:

I think i`d have given up awhile ago......

Regards,

Brian.

Welcome along Mr Snail!

Thanks for the comments. Perseverance and determination...don't forget I gave up with it for two years!

• RMweb Premium

Chris

Assuming DCC, which chip, and where?

Mine is currently a non-sound Zimo, under the cab, with KA in the tanks, but when I have it apart to fit the cylinder drain cocks, I want to fit a sound decoder & speaker. I was hoping that Heljan/Hattons would have brought out the 4mm version, prompting someone to go out & record the real thing and do a project. Unfortunately, this seems to be in the Dapol "don't hold your breath" category at the mo'.

What are your thoughts?

Best

Simon

Yes, it's going to be DCC and sound. 

The ABC gearbox and Maxon motor hopefully means i can get away with a small chip again. There's space in the boiler and tank for the chip and i've got a pair of speakers to fit front and aft between the frames.

I too was hoping that the RTR version coming out would prompt somebody doing a sound recording for it. No rush, but failing a specific 1366 recording i think i'll go with a pannier one. Long way off that point yet!

Curious lump is probably a cover for lubricator oil pipes from sight feed to cylinders. NB, educated guess, hence "probably"...:)

Not sure about the sound chip from a pannier. Logically, yes, it would have a GW type whistle, and a GW type blast pipe, but I'm not sure if the smaller cylinders firebox & smoke box might not have an effect on the sound. Also, and I guess this is not a problem you face, I don't want all my panniers sounding exactly the same! (I currently have three, and that number will rise when the Minerva 57 arrives in correct bib & tucker - sadly not the first batch). I wonder if he sound project from the Minerva Peckett might not be more apt, but I've got one of them, too... Maybe different speakers would make the sounds just different enough?

Best

Simon

Edit - sorry - all my locos, even the Crailcrest ones, have "H0" chips.

Edited by Simond

Welcome along Mr Snail!

Thanks for the comments. Perseverance and determination...don't forget I gave up with it for two years!

Phaa...two years,that`s nothing to a Snail!!..... :D  

If it had of been me,it would either have been sold off or binned!.

BTW,it`s looking really good....

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

I've been unable to quote Worsdell forever's post #1443 for some reason, but funnily enough, I found a use for a penny on my (as yet unfinished), 7mm scale MRJ Project "Wantage Tramway No.5" build.

I needed to blank the front of the boiler off (made from 22mm copper pipe), to enable me to attach it to the smokebox and not having access to a lathe, I discovered a penny was just the right size....

post-6732-0-38266000-1474841515.jpg

post-6732-0-55463400-1474841584.jpg

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dan Randall
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Cylinders duly measured in their current unclad state on 1363

Overall length from the outer end of the nuts on the front (which will probably touch the inside of the false front cover) to the back end of the casting a ting bit over 30inches.  Assuming the cover goes on flush against the nuts/studs I think the overall length will be as near to 31 inches as makes no difference.

The maximum outer diameter of the unclad cylinder casting is 21 inches to which will be added some 1/8th inch plate and probably a bit of lagging but the latter should not push the plate out any further so 21 inches can be considered as the workable dimension.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...