ROSAMUND STREET (LOW LEVEL) SIDINGS

br2975

• RMweb Gold

Brian,

I think you need a small privately owned shunter  to do some of the work on Rosamund Street, especially during the quieter times.

How about the 0-4-0 Steeple cab that was pictured in the Clarence Road thread.

Even if it didn't run, it would look good parked up, oou, against the stops in No 2 road.

Brian,

I think you need a small privately owned shunter  to do some of the work on Rosamund Street, especially during the quieter times.

How about the 0-4-0 Steeple cab that was pictured in the Clarence Road thread.

Even if it didn't run, it would look good parked up, oou, against the stops in No 2 road.

Rich.

I've got a few 'industrials' to hand, a brace of Hornby Sentinels to start with.

As for the 'steeple cab' - I once built one in 7mm, scratchbuilt inside frames, Slaters wagon wheels with Romford gears on the 1/8" axles. The body was built out of styrene sheet.

Always planned to build another version, in brass - in fact the brass used in the jig referred to on the previous page was originally earmarked for 'GreenBat".

Perhaps one day, when I 'log off' for the last time.

Brian

• Like 1

Called into a certain model railway emporium located along Penarth Road in Cardiff.

Emerged with two Bachman POA's secured at a very reasonable exchange rate.

Now to build my 4 Cambrian kits of the same wagon; my two 51L 'Black Adders' and knock a couple of Bachmann HEA's into HSA's and we can bring Rosamund Street into the Speedlink or privatisation periods.

Watch this space......it may take a while.

Brian R

post-1599-0-42392100-1450650797_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Rosamund Street will be at the Swansea Show this coming weekend, Saturday 1st. & Sunday 2nd. October 2016.

The show will be at The Waterfront Museum and entry is apparently free.

http://srmg.org.uk/2016-show/

Pop along, and say hello.

Brian R

Don't forget to wear your Cardiff City shirt, away strip of course.......

Rob

Brian,

However, are you performing at the Cardiff show in a fortnight's time?

I'm trying to get down for that one.

Richard,

I'll be at the show, either assisting the sibling, or with Rosamund (it's a long story).

Either way, I'll be there, both days.

Brian

Well,how did it go ?

Speaking honestly - with two layouts, and two operators  ( albeit two helpers on Sunday ) I never got to see half of what was on offer.

There was one gallery with several traders in, which I didn't get a chance to visit.

My wallet thinks it has upset me, as it was opened but once, to secure a pair of  Parkside and Red Panda kits and two 'old' Bachmann shock opens.

Rosamund Street caused some head scratching when everything ran intermittently, but a few minutes work found the main bus bar had come free from a connector, and once rectified, she was as good as gold.

Edited by br2975
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rosamund Street has been invited to fill-in for a no show at this weekend's Cardiff Show.

Come along and meet her in the flesh ...................

http://www.cardiffmodelrailwayshow.co.uk/

Look forward to meeting any "RMwebbers" who fancy stopping for a chat.

Brian R

See you tomorrow & Sunday!

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

It was nice to see Rosamund Street at the Cardiff show even though it was a brief look, thanks for the chat about about S&W couplings I think I'm going to have a go with them. I liked the reliable operation of them and not once did I see you have to intervene with some sort of shunting device.

I think I'd prefer these to AJ's which look like they could be easily damaged in the stock box.

Have you fitted them to any bogie stock?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Brian...

Congratulations for the superb article in the current Model Rail (issue 233).

Rosamund Street has been a favourite of mine since the appearance at the Swansea show in October.

Aside from the attraction my favoured Corporate Blue era, I absolutely love the way the buildings dominate the scene.

Randall

Hi Brian...

Congratulations for the superb article in the current Model Rail (issue 233).

Rosamund Street has been a favourite of mine since the appearance at the Swansea show in October.

Aside from the attraction my favoured Corporate Blue era, I absolutely love the way the buildings dominate the scene.

Randall

Why thank you Randall.

Signed copies can be arranged, via my agent, at a nominal fee !

Brian R

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just read the article in model rail, which has lead me to this thread. How I had not seen this layout before is beyond me.

So refreshing to see something other than a green fields BLT, the buildings frame the scene well. :sungum:

I reckon a couple of the big sheerness steel jxa open wagons would look right at home on Rosamund street.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just read the article in model rail, which has lead me to this thread. How I had not seen this layout before is beyond me.

So refreshing to see something other than a green fields BLT, the buildings frame the scene well. :sungum:

I reckon a couple of the big sheerness steel jxa open wagons would look right at home on Rosamund street.

Why thank you.

Sadly the bigger bogie scrap boxes would dwarf the layout and be a bit impractical.

I have been collecting Cambrian  and Wizard/51L POA kits, a couple of Bachmann POA/SSA models, a couple of HSA's (ex-HEA), so watch this space.

Brian R

• 5 months later...

Rosamund Street will be at the Swansea Model Railway Group 2017 Show

(making possibly its' last appearance)

Saturday 7th. & Sunday 8th. October

Swansea Leisure Centre.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126156-swansea-railway-modeller-group-exhibition/

https://srmg.org.uk/2017-show

Come along and say hello

Brian R

Edited by br2975