46233 Duchess of Sutherland

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

46233 northbound from Crewe 08:13 WCML to Upperby Curve onto S&C arrive Appleby 13:10

Dept.Appleby 15:28 southbound via Aisgill,Ribblehead,Hellifield to rejoin WCML Crewe arrive 19:09.

An opportunity to see& film/photograph her in her element...the Cumbrian Fells.Wave to me...I'll be in coach A,in all probability with my head stuck out of the window,reliving a distant childhood. Load is 11 assorted WCRC,plus support coach.

Sat 25th Oct.

• RMweb Gold

Timings available on www.uksteam.info 1Z24 Crewe-Appleby,1Z25 Appleby-Crewe.Curiously,A4 (!) 60009 booked at Appleby

After coming off at Crewe,46233 runs light to Butterly as 5Z25 via WCML,Lichfield,Burton &Stenson.

Not quite sure of the significance of the A4 at Appleby....pilot....in case of need? The mind boggles at the thought of double headed super pacific power over Aisgill....probably not.

This must be a website error,as 60009 is booked KX-Newcastle-York also on same date (edit)

Just noticed the a4 booked to take over the tour at appleby myself tonight!

As im going to see it at scout green then later at ais gill

So is it the duchess all the way? Or is it just a website error???

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Cheers

Cheers

46233 is booked Crewe-Appleby-Ais Gill-Ribblehead-Hellifield-Blackburn-Crewe  I think a website error,as 60009 is booked as described in my previous post..KX-Newcastle-York tomorrow.

Archived