Inslufrog points with concrete sleepers?

Hey,

Is there any 00 scale inslufrog points that have concrete sleepers? So far I have only come across electrfrog points that I dislike personally. But since I require concrete sleepers I'd like to know if there are any inslufrog points available?

If not is it possible to convert an electrofrog point by just cutting the frog/Vee with a small disc cutter?

Cheers!
J

PS: I'd personally prefer Code 75

I think you would grow to dislike Insulfrog points, I used them and I am now converting to Electrofrog, I am using them straight from the box but  with IRJs on the frog rails and have had no problems whatsoever. the only thing I do is spend a bit more time on cleaning stock/switch rail contact areas when I do a track clean.

Michael

I think you would grow to dislike Insulfrog points, I used them and I am now converting to Electrofrog, I am using them straight from the box but  with IRJs on the frog rails and have had no problems whatsoever. the only thing I do is spend a bit more time on cleaning stock/switch rail contact areas when I do a track clean.

Michael

I think I'd still prefer inslufrog points, they are less work and I've had no issue with them at all.

Certainly prior to 1990 the vast majority of switches and crossings (points to non railway people) used crossing timbers and not concrete sleepers. This was due to the fact that there were no standardised designs, each point was built for the location it served, and most points have long timbers in the centre area to encompass all the rails. Concrete sleepers appear to have been a few standard designs with little, if any, variation in length.

Basically, if you are modelling before 1990 then your points won't have concrete sleepers.

I left BR in 1996 so I have no idea what is used on points today.

BTW: they are insulfrog points not inslufrog.

Archived