• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

By gum Rob you certainly know how to live it up don't you.

Trips to the seaside, don't forget to get your stick of rock and then a trip to the big C. Cor I don't know how you put up with all the excitement. I really don't.😀

Yes, I do enjoy a trip to the seaside.....but I no longer do sticks of rock or the sugary fluffy stuff. 

However and in all seriousness, the Minehead show is a bit special. Splendid drive down and a nice welcome from the organisers...........Oh, and I really must get to the engravers before I go....!!!!

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
On 27/06/2022 at 08:44, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. 

Mudders, thank you for those photos. Amazing!! Especially when you consider that your tripod was operating at it's absolute limit !!!

In summary, the show went well. Quite amusing how many people started their conversation with "you're that sheepbloke aren't you ?".........

Lots of putting faces to names from both Rmweb and Western Thunder. 

Sheep Dip behaved very well. Fearing the worst, I took three Pecketts, an 08 and an 03.  I used the same Peckett and the 08 all weekend, cleaning the track once on Sunday morning as a precautionary measure. 

20220626_152035-01.thumb.jpeg.285de324cf1c574c082da8a4fe4c00b2.jpeg

Operationally, it was okay. I got into a bit of a rhythm  with a couple of moves and they served me well in between much chatting. The ludicrously small fiddly area lived up to expectations. It was ludicrously small. However, it added to the fun and was viable for a two day show.......as long as you accepted the obvious limitations. 

Main topics were regarding the static grass, bushes and weathering but much intrigue over the presentation and the use of the Swedish baseboard...

20220626_100644-03.thumb.jpeg.631f064c74f8826fd54cb13dde3521aa.jpeg

Funnily enough, no comments about the display height, pokey finger points or tension locks. People seemed to understand. A few asked about the 'EM gauge' trackwork...........

Lots enjoyed the fact that you looked into rather than down on the layout and could peer around or through the bushes. 

20220626_152045-01.thumb.jpeg.3cb8f8772cb2d11ab01c14fb7b522fed.jpeg

Overall, I think a few things clicked this weekend. Loading and unloading was straight forward. Set up was quick and things would have been running within 15mins on Friday evening had I had mains power. The layout was dismantled equally as quick yesterday. 

There are still a few minor jobs to do beford Dip's next appearance at the Cardiff Show in August. There are also a couple of potential invites for next year. 

20220626_152103-01.thumb.jpeg.d96fed4fbd56d6f0104aed25e4a15cce.jpeg

I may well be back there next year, subject to any clashes with other events which have been pencilled in. 

This week then will see a bit of a tweak given to Bleat Wharf ahead of the Penarth show  this coming weekend. 

Rob. 

Always amuses me how the SheepBloke handle has caught on!

I think the additional undergrowth and small trees has transformed the layout. See I told ewe that ewe needed trees!

Now it's just the sheep that ewe have to add and my work here is done...

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/06/2022 at 13:45, mudmagnet said:

@Captain Kernow, many thanks.

Well to start with, you need to have a good subject matter and the layout looks superb, already with atmosphere.

I took around 15 focus stacked images (RAW files), opened into Lightroom then into Photoshop to blend together into one image to increase the depth of field. I removed some of 'non-model' elements, than back into Lightroom to crop and adjust the white balance. Then  again using Photoshop, used a sky replacement before back into Lightroom to crop to add some shading / highlights. Exported as a JPG and then to here!

Simples!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Always amuses me how the SheepBloke handle has caught on!

Quite..........I wonder who's to blame for that...........?🤔

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all. 

This afternoon has seen me retreat into the Room of Doom. Far too hot outside for this here sheep. 

I decided to set about a couple of jobs on Bleat. The wiring issue has been addressed and resolved. Attention then turned to giving the locos a quick clean......and, going completely against one's character, I got sidetracked. 

I pulled out a few locos for a play /test, Dapol's Isle of Wight bunkered Terrier, 32650,  being one of them. 

Of the three I acquired direct from Dapol this was the one with the worst running characteristics that I decided to keep. After a few exchanges of poor running/damaged/assembled poorly locos it was a case of accept this or do without. Dapol set out their position in email. Take it or leave it! 

As luck would have it, I had a spare decoder, Bachmann/zimo as it happens. Why not I thought. I  popped it in and gave the little chap a run.

Good lord ! What a transformation! Much smoother and very, very creepy crawly. And that settles that. The Terriers will definitely be fitted with these decoders. 

Now all I've got to do is hold everything whilst I replace the body, including that flippin' speaker......!

But, Project Z will therefore benefit from having DCC control.

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage Hooves
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Cap'n, as you now reside in  Devon,  I think that you should adopt the Devonshire way of consuming cream and jam on a scone.

Exactly. That's how we do it in whatever part of Devon I happen to be in!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brinkly said:

Despite being a Devonian, I do it the other way round 😂 

Dad has the prefect solution mind - butter, jam and then cream 😂 and he’s more Devonian than I am! 

One at a time. Quite right.🤣

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Despite being a Devonian, I do it the other way round 😂 

Dad has the prefect solution mind - butter, jam and then cream 😂 and he’s more Devonian than I am! 

That's the way my Gran did it, too, as do I when "self-catering" despite (or because of) accusations of extravagant self-indulgence. I thought that was the whole idea!

I'm Devonian back three centuries (leavened only by my Irish GGGF, b.1707). Gran was a professional cook in her younger days, and it's not the same with anyone else's scones!

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's quite simple. Take two scones. One one, put cream then jam. On the other, jam then cream. Preferably done while standing astride the Devon/Cornwall border, with the scones so arranged as to cause maximum offence...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

According to Mrs Stationmaster - who comes from a long line of folk from both Cornwall and Devon, alas including a relative who spent time in Bodmin gaol before taking an all expenses paid trip to Australia - jam first is the Cornish way, cream first is the Devonian way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1