RMWEB Tour of Didcot Railway Centre - 26th July 2015

Castle

Hi All,

IKB - sure thing, see you there!

SJRixon - we usually go all afternoon from 12:00hrs until near to centre closing time if not slightly after...

All the best,

Castle

• 1 month later...

Castle, 

I just wanted to confirm my place. It hasn't quite taken the heaven and the earth to be shifted, but I should, all things being equal, be joining you on the 26th!

When should we start making special requests of the gear we'd like to take a closer look at? There are a couple of carriages I'd love a look in!

Cheers, 

CoY

• Like 1

When should we start making special requests of the gear we'd like to take a closer look at? There are a couple of carriages I'd love a look in!

Cheers, 

CoY

Which ones? Most of 'em won't be a problem (unless they're one of the wrecks Reserve Collection), but a couple of the Saloons would need unlocking so we'd have to negotiate with the keyholder(s).

Since my local Blues Jam is on hiatus in July I'm hoping to be around on that date, so I can act as C&W rep if required.

Pete S.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Simon - I look forward to having you along with us - see you there!

CoY - Great! Glad you have it sorted!

Pete - it would be fab if you were available mate! Can I leave the sensitive departmental organisation (!) to your good self? Cheers!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

Which ones? Most of 'em won't be a problem (unless they're one of the wrecks Reserve Collection), but a couple of the Saloons would need unlocking so we'd have to negotiate with the keyholder(s).

Since my local Blues Jam is on hiatus in July I'm hoping to be around on that date, so I can act as C&W rep if required.

Pete S.

I would love a look inside the Centenary diner if at all possible? The Collett Special Saloon 9002 would also be on my list if we could get aboard. 

Am I right in saying that the dreadnought coach is currently gutted internally?

Cheers, 

CoY

The dreadnought is quasi gutted but you can see inside from outside as some of the panels are not in place! I can get you alongside if required. The other two are Pete's department...

Cheers,

Castle

Hi Brian,

What would you like to know? The loco is being prepared as the 4-6-0 version to start with. The Atlantic needs a new set of rods in order to make it work. The loco is pretty much there and the boiler isn't far off either. The virtually new tender is fast on the way to being finished too with the brand new flush riveted tank about 70% finished. It won't be too long before the second GWS recreation brings another loco back from the dead!

If you want to know anything else then please let me know!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

Thanks Castle - just the news I wanted. Looking forward to seeing the reincarnation of the Saint, amongst all the Castles and Halls. If the Grange comes along there will soon be the complete set!

Brian.

No worries Brian!

That would be quite a gala now wouldn't it? Maybe one day - who knows?! If all the new builds and a few loans were accomplished you could in theory do a 4-6-0 line up that went:

Saint, Star, Castle, Hall, King, Grange, Manor, Modified Hall, County

Fantasy land stuff for sure but one can dream...

All the best,

Castle

Yes please.  I came last year but my wife and little boy would also like to come too this time; so 3 if possible please.

Hi Castle

Unfortunately my wife and son won't be able to attend, so its just one for me after all.

Castle

Wonder if I could ask a big favour.

When everyone was chasing around for a Bachmann Inspection saloon I thought my money would be more enjoyably spent on a Comet Special Saloon No 9002. I was in the middle of ordering when Geoff was taken ill but the family ensured I got the full kit so I can have my own VIP saloon for which I'm truly grateful. As 9002 is now on the stocks and progressing, is there any chance of a look inside the original for a few pics on the Sunday open day. If this is difficult no worries at all but if I don't ask then I'll never know if it was possible.

Thanks in advance whatever the answer is.

Doug

Hi Doug,

In theory this is possible, Pete S is going to see about getting the keys as it is understandably, a tightly controlled space at DRC (what with all those greasy loco restorer types floating about!). I will see Pete this weekend so we will find out.

All the best,

Castle