RMWeb Members Day, Taunton 2015 - serious menu choices!

Captain Kernow

Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?

• I intend coming to Taunton and I'd go for the traditional pasty.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but I'd opt for the innovative pie proposal.
    • I intend coming to Taunton and can foresee I will be hungry enough to go for both.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but all the above are too meaty so I'd like a delicate cheese & onion pasty please.

• RMweb Gold

Date & Walnut here as well, please.

Not sure I can wait that long, so Mrs Smith might be doing some baking this weekend, bless her.

Guiness & chocolate? Isn't that Baileys?

In fact, after looking at the list, I think I'm in for just about any cake.

No good, off to the shops! Cake!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

What the hell are all these illnesses ....never. Heard of them but very worried. particularly the Taunton Trots

Because I am moving to take over a bed and breakfast just outside bishops Lydeard in two week's time

Not so worried about Haemoscrumpycomatosis, in fact looking forward to that one

Welcome to Somerset Graham I am at the other end of the line from you. Just remember to leave the car at home if you intend to sample scrumpy I doubt there is any safe level of scrumpy would pass a breathalyser.

Don

Oh God, I can see it now!

But Monsieur, the Guiness and Chocolate cake, it is wafer thin...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I want a 'I don't want to see this' button... I avoid that scene when I watch that film as the first time I saw it I suffered from sympathetic nausea... :bad: ...very embarrassing in a packed cinema...

• RMweb Premium

I've been reading this thread with increasing frustration and envy, as I'm otherwise (but hopefully enjoyably) occupied at the Stowmarket exhibition on the 26th - first outing for the layout this year.

Maybe I'll make it to Taunton next year..... which is probably what I said last year!

Welcome to Somerset Graham I am at the other end of the line from you. Just remember to leave the car at home if you intend to sample scrumpy I doubt there is any safe level of scrumpy would pass a breathalyser.

Don

I don't need the car thankfully ! The railway is one field away, but I will be half way between two stations in my new home

So I might have to descend to using a bus as there will nearly be a bus stop outside the door

I have found that a good oggie cancels out quite a bit of zider

Greetings all,

I am now in a position to request of our Dear Leader a further poll, this time on the subject of cakes. Well done to those who picked up on the earlier clues...

These are potentially some of the proposed cakes. These are not necessarily the final offerings, the Committee for Public Cakery has issued a Statement that neither confirms nor denies the definite (or possible) existence of plans to produce (or not produce) any of these cakes, but the results of the poll will inform the kitchens of Kernow Towers and Pugsley Mansions as to which way the winds of baking may be blowing...

- Chocolate & Guiness cake (popular last year)

- Date & Walnut cake (essential for Jerry Clifford)

- Ginger Cake (won't be tampered with by the Captain, doesn't like ginger)

- Gluten-free sponge cake

- Lemon & caramel cake

- New York cheese cake (may or may not be one of the Captain's favourites)

Thank you, and good morning.

Thanks Tim; I've now added the 'let them eat cake' questionnaire. I've even allowed voters to select more than one in case they are GFBs who want to work through the splendid selection.

Phil Parker has a cake index that rates the quality of exhibitions; maybe we should drag him down to gain his approavl for the Parker's Cake Guide.

Thanks Tim; I've now added the 'let them eat cake' questionnaire. I've even allowed voters to select more than one in case they are GFBs who want to work through the splendid selection.

Phil Parker has a cake index that rates the quality of exhibitions; maybe we should drag him down to gain his approavl for the Parker's Cake Guide.

Can you kindly point us in the direction of the cake poll please? :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to this. Hopefully no one will mind a Welsh man with a penchant for finescale cakery and top modelling......might even come across with a Courgette and lime sponge....

Rob

Oh Bum; looks like a technical issue adding to a new question in a poll already started; Cap'n K - we need a separate cakey topic please.

I've had to remove the cake poll otherwise it would have confused the pie/pasty situation.

• RMweb Gold

No Mikey you have to delete the pasty only vote then reselect your choice and add the cake choices. I had been wondering whether a second pasty might be needed but with two cake choices and second pasty might be dietry overload. I have visions now of Ck policing this with spur of the moment visitor gazing longingly at the goodies while in a stern voice the server says 'have you ordered sir?' and will I have to show my Somerset Bus pass to prove who I am :nono:

Actually I this helps CK organise the catering I think its a grand idea.

Don

As I am planning to attend and given that I reside in a land know for fine pies, would there be any mileage in me bringing with me a quantity of Proper Melton Mowbray Pork Pies?

Hmmm! Yes there is a few miles involved in inporting a few pies this might make me want to bring a bit of pickle with me or even pickled onions as well yum yum

Archived