10th birthday competition - solution and winner announced.

Andy Y

We've raided the cabinets at BRM towers to purloin the finest piece we'd got as a competition prize, the Hornby First World War GWR ‘Troop’ Train Pack  which is one of a limited edition of 1000.

r3219.jpg

The fiendish puzzle is this, a crossword populated by numbers rather than words; there's a clue for each answer which should be the number of a loco which is an answer to the clue. Some are dead easy and some a little more challenging.

Puzzle.jpg

The puzzle and clues can be downloaded here Crossword Puzzle.pdf as it's quite likely people will want to print it off and scribble all over it.

The winner will be the person who completes the most of the puzzle correctly, if there is more than one correct completion a draw will be made from those correct entries.

You can find whichever form you like to record your answers and send them back to me by email to info@rmweb.co.uk or via PM by the end of Saturday 21st March.

• RMweb Gold

Can I be the first to say that the prize is neither modern image or n gauge..... *grins*

Good luck everyone my brain hurts already... But I will maybe look at the competition soon

• RMweb Premium

Some of my answers just don't fit the bl------ grid.

Agreed, Worked out most of the images, just got to find the right locomotive for the number of squares.   :banghead:

Really is quite the brain teaser! Ended up loosing a good 4-5 hours of planned modelling time today whilst distracted by this and still havn't completed it! But it's all very good fun and quite an interesting format for a crossword. :)

Stuart

Also can't get 13 across to fit as 7 down HAS to be what i've put; also means that 9 down might be wrong!!!! HELP!  :help:

It's probably not the most helpful comment to you but I reckon on that basis that you've definitely not got the right answer for 13 across. ;)

• RMweb Premium

Still 3 left that are beating me, I know I've seen 16 across before but just can't place it....

Will try again over lunch tomorrow.....

Agreed. That building and 2 Across aggghhhhh

Now which wall can I use to bang my head against ............

• RMweb Gold

:laugh:

2 Across does fall into stinker territory.

b*gg*r - and there's me thinking it was, er, straightforward - if you can find the right title ... ...

One thing about this crossword is the amount of exercise it creates - getting up from the 'puter to cross the study to the bookcase, or in some cases getting up from the 'puter to go to the bookcases in the dining room, or even upstairs to the bookcases in the library.

Archived