Scratchbuild - Stubby's Mystery Loco is..... The Fell !

Hi John

I've just stumbled over this thread, I made one of the A1 models kits about 11 or 12 years ago. I was designed by Rod Neep back in the 1980's and was about the only thing available if you wanted to build one. 

The drive arrangement I used was similar to the one you are suggesting.

attachicon.gifDSCF0005b.jpg

It's not brilliant but it works.

attachicon.gifDSCF01reduced.JPG

I saw Mike's post and his beautiful drawing, which I assume means he was planning a kit at some stage. Is this still work in progress or has it died a death do you know? In view of the poor take up of many of the Heljan models for the early diesels, they might be reluctant to have a go at this one as the field of operation was relatively small.

Ian

Ian,

Great minds ...... !

I like your model - it's just a shame that Rod Neep got it so wrong around the cabside windows.

I'll keep on hoping for the hinted-at Judith Edge kit.

Regards,

John.

.....I saw Mike's post and his beautiful drawing, which I assume means he was planning a kit at some stage. Is this still work in progress or has it died a death do you know?....

The draft version very much exists, as I spotted it hiding in one of Mike's stock boxes last year at Stoke Mandeville. I allowed myself a small smile on seeing it..... :jester:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...