NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

EP1 Sample of new DMU arrived, runs like a dream, 20+ modifications to bodyshell as expected with the 1st test sample, cannot tell you yet the prototype due to

commercial reasons, Please bear with us on this one.    Charlie

Saving up already..... hoping that you do it soon in the livery I need want

Cheers,

Mick

EP1 Sample of new DMU arrived, runs like a dream, 20+ modifications to bodyshell as expected with the 1st test sample, cannot tell you yet the prototype due to

Bodyshell!?!

Bodyshell in the singular? Interesting........but I will just wait and continue to save cash ready for it.

• RMweb Premium

Talk about froth encouragement. I used to enjoy these types of post but now , I think because so many , have become weary of them. How about doing an SLW and telling us when its ready for sale?

Please bear with us on this one.    Charlie

Talk about froth encouragement. I used to enjoy these types of post but now , I think because so many , have become weary of them. How about doing an SLW and telling us when its ready for sale?

C'mon....he's saying please!!  :jester: 

Cheers!

Ms. Tired of DJM's, Realtrack's and Bachmann's ways and timings

PS: I agree with you....
Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2

The SLW thing was done like that for a reason! and he has produced is a fine product, well designed and thought out, especially for future runs and versions, this has to be congratulated and supported! 

Every small manufacturer will have the 'Big Boys' breathing down there necks, so innovation, passion & knowledge is key to success. I can understand reasons commercially to announce thing early as funding is always an issue, too much hype can be irritating for some people but as far as I can see most people seem to like the open approach of smaller companies, as I find all the feedback very important, as it helps to guide our ideas & future plans.

We do not have commercial issues with other manufacturers and still 'Talk' and work with them, we find having friend's is far better than the other available option, but sometimes it make sense to 'Hide' your plans, the result hopefully is to surprise every one and get ahead of the game.

Our plan is simple, get the model done, painted & finished, have a production slot allocated, then show people the finished product, which in our view is far more complicated than a single locomotive, after 12 months of development and complicated mechanical design work, as it has:

Bi Directional Lights, Working Internal Lighting, Full Seating layout with correct period low back seats, Twin Moor Fitted using super low profile mounting position so the motor is fully hidden, 21Pin NMRA Fully Compliant to use 'ANY' Sound decoder (Not redesigned to use only Zimo), Highly Detailed Bodyshell, Full underfloor detailing (Over 85 separate hand fitted components), Working 'Door open' bodyside lights, Different options on roof equipment and underfloor equipment, Toilet with wash basin & toilet seat (Silly but its there), Different cab front options, DCC Ready with Pre Fitted Speakers, NEM Coupling mounts, Dummy coupings, RP25 Profile Wheelsets & Fully Authorised/Licenced liveries.

On the delivery, it comes when it comes!  No point rushing and getting it wrong.    Charlie

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Charlie but I see little point in posts telling us that there are 20 changes to the bodyshell if you cant tell us what it is. its not as if we can have an input. I understand the commercial need for secrecy, but all these posts do is encourage froth . You can say don't read them then, but the title says New Realtrack DMU and I wondered what it was . Not a thread about an inderterminate product at an inderterminate time in the future leading to speculation about what it is.  In fairness its the same over on GCR thread about product announcement- Kernow, but at least I knew that was froth and wont look again until its actually announced- Friday I think.  We also have a Rapido thread unless that is actually the same model you are referring to.

I know I'm getting grumpy in my old age

Edited by Legend

I know I'm getting grumpy in my old age

It's not an old age problem...It's a proper problem. I'm 19 and it does irritate me. If any such similar thread was posted in the Hornby, Bachmann or Dapol sub-forum regarding forthcoming announcement regarding a release it would've been locked almost immediately. Wish-listing is basically frothing in many ways, at the end of the day they are both speculating.

How is it that such a thread and also the Rapido one wasn't even temporarily locked? These threads have been live for over a year. Obviously something's not right. If Realtrack or Rapido had to unfortunately delay their announcement then couldn't they have the thread locked temporarily? What is the use of making announcements about announcements about announcements?

• RMweb Gold

Given my comment in the crossroads thread I truly hope this bodyshell isn't for a singular unit that resides on single line in the West Midlands and requires winding up before it takes the big hill into town.

I thought there were two of those - plus one (possibly more) to an earlier design.

Somehow, though, I'd expect the new model to be rather more mainstream than this.

I'm sure since others have waited a year and month, waiting longer won't be an issue!  :jester: Just pray they bear with you and not grizzly bear you...

Don't worry - the models will be on their way in due course. I'm sure it won't be too long before we get to see the Kodiaks - sorry, Kodaks.

As for the models, we'll also see these - when it's OK to break cover on them - and they're at a sufficiently advanced stage for us to see them.

All in good time - patience is a virtue - and all that malarkey. I'm sure the end result will be worth the wait.

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

Working door opening lights and different cab fronts. If its a DMU the only ones I can think of that would fit this would be the turbo star family of units, already done by Bachmann or the 141, pre and post refurb. Anybody else want to guess?

Note-not a 156, as they were delivered with high back seats.

But what are you going to do to publicise it and do under 16s get one free?  ;)

Edited by lyneux

Are we getting a new class 142 at last? I'm assuming it's nor just the earlier 143/144 models with the bus seats interiors

I am hoping it is the earlier 143/144 models with bus seat interiors. Would probably settle for a 142 though.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for 142 as well. I model the West Coast so the 143/4s haven't been totally suitable but I could be in the market for 3 142s.

Although my ultimate preference would be for a 175/180/185 - just for something more eye catching.