End of the spur, is no more

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Out and about at York this weekend,3 days drinking beer exhibiting, my legs are going to be tired,come along and say helllooooooooooo, i'll be the one sleeping behind the layout!!!!! 

attachicon.gif26.jpg

Ray

See you for day three apres show beers

Edited by roundhouse

OK folks - it is silly questions time! - can somebody tell me what this car is? and what the tubular shape underneath the side is for - it looks like a loco fuel tank , but I'm sure it isn't  The still has been grabbed from Rays video in post #253 at around 3:20 as the train is being pushed back. TBH I'm curious and don't remember noticing this feature before.  TIA

Jack

• RMweb Premium

Out and about at York this weekend,3 days drinking beer exhibiting, my legs are going to be tired,come along and say helllooooooooooo, i'll be the one sleeping behind the layout!!!!! 

attachicon.gif26.jpg

Ray

You were behind the layout, but at least you were awake!

Nice to chat today and see EotS for real.

Most impressed.

Now I know how to recognise if a layout is JAAL or not.........

Cheers,

Mick

Another exhibition under my belt, had a great weekend at York, kept awake most of the weekend!!!

Quiet a lot of interest in the layout, nice to have a chat with Gilbert, and possibly 5-6 invites!! 

meet Mick (newbryford) with another bag full of American stuff, only need a coup..... Ha Ha Ha!!!

Had Jon Grant helping on Saturday, i'm slowly working on him!

Also, the beer selection in York is as good as ever, we didn't manage to drink it dry, but we had a good go!!!!!! 

Ray

p.s managed to find some new rolling stock also for another proj..........!!!

• Like 2

There was also a bad rumour going around, that I never fall asleep behind the layout, all lies!!!

post-13979-0-53534500-1522740730_thumb.jpg

Here I am Sunday after the Saturday nights beer, the Sunday roast beef dinner and the HEAT got hold of me!!

A feller can't have 5 minutes peace, bloody mobiles!!!!!!! :stinker:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With a recent change of the MD and company directors, otherization has been given to start the mothballed extension plans, the company hope there's not to much disruption during the 2 months plan work, and everything will be back to normal as soon as possible.

post-13979-0-00269500-1528637697_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-19797500-1528637766_thumb.jpg

Ray 

P.S  NO  dogs or cats will go hungry during construction  

Ray

• Like 6

Due to unforeseen circumstances ( helping Son in his new house, obviously SWMBO doesn't no what the word "retired" means, when she volunteered my services ) the rebuild has been put on hold for 3 weeks, just pleased there was no penalty clause on the contract.

Ray

Edited by long island jack

• 3 weeks later...