(Traction) motoring on
37 S7 kit JLTRT traction motor slight bodge
Side view of the motor assembly:
The first one has been close to disaster a couple of times, due to me not really having a clue how best to put them together I've now worked out the best sequence for doing it, which should make the next 5 go together a lot quicker.
End view of the motor asembly:
I've also discovered another design fault - I've made the bracket fit the motor extremely accurately, however I hadn't taken into account that the shaft bearing of the motor protudes from the casing by about 0.5mm, which meant that the bracket wouldn't fold square. I've now had to drill the hole for the motor shaft out to 4mm, so it sits nicely in the support frame.
View of the motor with wheel, giving an idea of what is visible behind the wheel. With the gears painted black, it shouldn't be too bad :
It's all a (fairly steep at times) learning curve, I guess