Slab loading bay

• RMweb Premium

A Kalmar, I believe; Kibri do a similar one, marketed as a 'Container Loader' and supplied with a spreader beam that sits on the forks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good so far Baz.

I've been scribbling some plans down for an EM replacement for Dragon Steels now that stock is slowly being converted.

I have a few ideas, plus a plan for a small blue era shunting layout which was going to be based in the Bristol area but has now moved.

Cheers

Some images showing the structural work for mill buildings Baz

The first two show the Celsa elactric arc melt shop under construction during 2005.

Note the common practice of having a large capacity travelling crane for the day to day work, and a smaller capacity crane running above it, to assist with the maintenance of the main crane i.e. lifting replacement parts through and onto the main crane.

The thirs picture is inside the billet bank and shows the lifting magnets used fror loading new, hot billets onto the wagons.

The last shot shows how the craneway is supported inside a building, in this case the old scrap bay at Tremorfa.

Hope these help

Brian R

post-1599-0-98298600-1479757215_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-31238300-1479757232_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-16284600-1479757250_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-24249800-1479757268_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Are the cranes actually going to work?

hopefuuly so , wiill run a threaded bar between the girders for the longitudinal movement , something similar for the hoist cross movement and a geared motor for the winch and hook . Was thinking of making a slab tongs or using a electro magnet to pick up the slab , will see as i progress , May use 0.7mm lengths of nickel silver square rod for a buzz bar to pick up the contact for some of the motors as in real life , the nickel silver rod is actually cheaper than using plastic rod !

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Like 1