Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Focalplane's Workbench (mostly 7mm)

Gauge O O Gauge 7mm workbench kit building

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#676 Andrew P

Andrew P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25,151 posts
  • LocationSwadlincote Derbyshire

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:50

No Andy, my tail lamp (one only) wouldn't fit easily so I boxed the coaches until the NewYear.  If there was one on each end they would need to be directional which doesn't seem to be an option.

Paul

Swapping them doesn't look like an, on layout, whilst the Engine is running around job either.

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#677 Simond

Simond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationKent

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:53

It’s certainly possible to do directional lighting. Dead easy on DC, of course, more expensive on DCC, as you’ll need a decoder, and wiring between the coaches, or a decoder per coach. This can also turn on the interior lights, if you want. I believe there are lighting only decoders now available.

My feeling at present is that it’s not worth the effort & expense on my kit built stock. I have fitted interior lights (see my toplights around pg 10 of the PD thread) and these stay on permanently (and don’t flicker!), but they are dim enough not to look daft in daylight. It’s a compromise...

I’ve taken the same view about loco headlights. Unlit ones are fine. When Elon Musk makes rechargeable, battery powered, 7mm scale, GWR pattern loco lamps, in red, put me down for a set.

Best
Simon
  • Like x 3
  • Informative/Useful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gauge O, O Gauge, 7mm, workbench, kit building