2" Burrell Thetford Town

Hi 

i have just inherited my Dads part built 2" thetford town i will post some pictures in a couple of weeks when i get it home. so thats another project!

i am looking for a copy of Alan Marshall's book "Building the Burrell Showmans Traction Engine Thetford Town" i understand it was in 2 volumes and or possibly on CD it seems to be unavailable and Alans web sitre seems to have shut down so having tried all the usual i turn to you if any one has a copy they are preared to sell / copy please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Mike 

Hi Mike,That book will be hard to get now,But try abe books,They may help.How much more needs to be done to it to finish,I built this years ago and it is quite complex,But also by todays model engineering standards quite dated as well,A company called m j engineering do an updated correct size dynamo casting for it for a start,You would also get help by joining some model engineering forums they are a great help,I have some info on it in my garage ill dig it out some time.  Garry

Gary

Dad was at it for 30 years and really till i get it home and sort it out i have no real idea but we are going to see our youngest in the states until the end of jan so no plans to move it until we get back i have some dynamo castinggs so need to look at them see what they are any and all info gratefully received. Cheers Mike

Mike Talk to me when get back and when it is back with you,Then i give you all the help i can so you can get it finished,I would imagine the bulk of it will be done if he has been on it that long,and untill then ill dig out some info that i have on it. Garry

Archived