Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

5428 is currently at Grosmont looking splendid in LMS livery.

Jason

Which is the same as BR Black but different logos and a digit less on the number.

How simple things were back then - none of this remove the TOC logo, simplify the livery, apply new TOC logos & livery, rebrand after 8 months and hand back at 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...

I also managed to get a full house picture this afternoon, though mainly to get a shot of the wreath on the B1's smokebox.

76079, 1264 & 26038

I know wreaths are normally fitted if someone's recently passed away, so I'm wondering if that's the case lately, and if so, my condolences go to those affected.

Got another screencap this afternoon, mainly to show this unusual combo.

76079, 1264 & 26038 2

The Class 26 had banked Eric up to Goathland, and I'm guessing that instead of running back light engine, coupled up in front of the mogul for the run back to Grosmont. Whatever works, I guess.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/08/2018 at 20:52, Markus0188 said:

Got another screencap this afternoon, mainly to show this unusual combo.

The Class 26 had banked Eric up to Goathland, and I'm guessing that instead of running back light engine, coupled up in front of the mogul for the run back to Grosmont. Whatever works, I guess.

gallery_30574_4490_332886.jpg.3b1e6478f87b47772a7eec5037e61a9e.jpg

Hey, that's me and #1 son in the maroon SIOC hoodies  🙂 last train back to Whitby that day.  #2 son (yellow hoodie) is sat on the bench while SWMBO is photographing the 26 - I'll get the pic and post it here 🙂

Edited by RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold
On 13/08/2018 at 15:45, Boris said:

45428 hasn't had its recertification yet, so its not allowed on the main line if that helps explain.

it was Sir John on the front, but same rule applies I guess 🙂

DSC_0423.JPG.44a8ee019e86305ce1178f83a3235db6.JPG

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bit of an odd one just now, Eric pulled up to the Pullman set, then immediately went back over the crossing to park up here

Mistake or some sort of shunt move?

Edited by RedgateModels
lost image deleted
  • Like 1

Bit of an odd one just now, Eric pulled up to the Pullman set, then immediately went back over the crossing to park up here

Mistake or some sort of shunt move?

No, 5428 was the booked service loco for the 16:30 and the blue heap was taking the Teak TTO off the back off the Pullman and putting a newly outshopped mk1 TSO in its place.  This gives us a 6 coach LNER set again as the 11:00 off Pickering has been badly overcrowded most mornings running as a 5.  I put 5428 where I needed the service set for the 16:30 to end up, the 16:05 arrival at Grosmont has to go into the sidings at Grosmont and because of the swapping of diesels (with the fire risk working) at 17:05 if the 7 coach mk1 set goes into the sidings closest to the branch it makes the loco changes an absolute nightmare.  However the easiest platform to access the back of the Pullman is platform 3, hence arriving in 3, doing the shunt and replatforming.

About 16:50 you would have seen 926 shoving 26038 up to the shed to put it in the naughty corner after packing up again.

• Like 1

I watched some of the switching around of coaches, figured it was to make up a nicer teak set ;)

Basically.  The week after Regatta and the week before August b/h are the busiest of the year so we need all the capacity we can get.  If we weren't filling trains now we'd be in trouble!

• RMweb Gold

Although....

it's been sat in platform 2 for an hour now. 926 went off south without a diesel on the other end.

Sir John has gone and hid up in the north sidings for a while too ....

Edited by RedgateModels

Panic over, the 26 has just dropped onto the end of the teaks in platform 1, brought in by Eric

Its fine, its booked to stand at Grosmont from 11:05 until 12:30, and platform 3 is as good a place as any.

Different diagrams tomorrow with the 25 being stopped and there's a diner out.

• RMweb Gold
On 15/08/2018 at 22:36, Boris said:

Its fine, its booked to stand at Grosmont from 11:05 until 12:30, and platform 3 is as good a place as any.

Different diagrams tomorrow with the 25 being stopped and there's a diner out.

Maybe not 😉

seems to be sharing the Whitby runs with the B1, 76079 got problems?

Edited by RedgateModels
lost image deleted
  • Like 1